Chapter 1

I never wanted any of this to happen. I didn't want people to get hurt and I certainly did not want to hurt people. None of this was suppose to happen. I always knew I was different but I never expected the things that happened.

I think I'm getting ahead of myself, my name is Astrid Cruise, yes like the rock. My father was an astronomer I don't know about now. I haven't  seen my family since I was 12, I'm 16 now. My life has always been strange. I always stood out, I was different or unique as my parents use to say. The fact that I have sharper sight and hearing than an average person. Not to mention the fast reflexes and strength. The reason for these is well- I'll explain. Don't worry you'll find out soon enough. I actually don't remember much from my past life but I remember enough. I am not even sure where to start. Well I guess I'll start the week my life changed.

I just got back home from yet another torturously long week of homework, annoying teachers, and students who like to start drama over any little thing, but hey that way middle school for you. My years in middle school was almost over. I was an eighth grader at this time and preparing to go into high school. I skipped a few grades.

I approach the door to my house and start to unlock it. Once open I am welcomed by dead silence. No one home, big shocker. I thought sarcastically. Both of my parents worked long hours so I was usually home alone. Some people would take advantage of empty spacious house by inviting their friends over but I didn't exactly have close friends. I was usually known as a freak, some genetic experiment. I never paid much attention to others anyways because  the truth is I am different. At the time I didn't know why I was different, and now I'll stick with the story.

I go to the kitchen and search something good to eat. I decide on just making myself a sandwich. Once done I bring it upstairs to my room and eat it while watching TV. I usually spend the weekend in my room or in the garage working out, but mostly in my room reading. Reading usually takes me to another world and I love it. Today though I just felt like watching a movie. It was a typical Friday for me, nothing out of the ordinary. Until that night.

It wasn't until my mom got home from work at 8:30 that I left my room. I heard the door opening and keys shuffling downstairs. I got up and went down there to greet her.

"Hey, mom." I say leaning onto the stairway rails. My mom looked up and smiled. My mother was once breath takingly beautiful, not that she isn't still beautiful because she is it's just that now she is worn in from worry and stress not to mention being a little sleep deprived. My mother, Lily, has pitch black hair with light brown eyes.

"Hello, sweetie. How was your day?" she asked with the usual hope in her eyes that today might have been better than the last. Her and my father knew that I had a hard time making friends. People just never seemed to like me. I just never seem to fit in no matter what.

"Same as always." I reply with a shrug like I no longer care. In truth, I stopped caring a while ago. I stopped hoping that I'd find a place I belong.

"Oh," she says dropping her smile. "Well there's always Monday." smile reappearing.

"Yeah," I say with a fake smile.

"Your father is going to be home a little later than usual." She yells from the other room. I didn't know he had a usual time. He's always late.

"Okay," I go back upstairs and decide to take a shower. The warmth of the water feeling very comforting to my body. Nothing like a nice warm shower to make you feel better, you know?

As I get out and finish getting dress I start to get an uneasy feeling. Knots form in my stomach and goosebumps start to form on my arms, someone is watching me. I look around my room cautiously. I check my closet, under my bed and behind my door. I find nothing. My curtains are closed so it can't be from the window. So why do I feel like someone is watching me? I shake the feeling off and brush my hair. I am just finishing putting my hair in a high pony tail when I feel an icy cold feeling behind me. I turn around and gasp at what I saw before me.

Hey, what do you think? This is my second story on this account. Please comment I would really appriate it and it is very hepful and motivaing.