All of This

I wrote this in between shots while on set. Hope you enjoy it!

January 2022

Leila's POV:

Tatiana went to Los Angeles. After reading all the scripts, she connected with the 7th and last one. She did start writing her own, but to get back to work, she picked a script.

The producer is a female, most of the crew is too.

Getting back on the field took a long time. Worth it though. I've never felt better. I'm rested and feel 100%.

"Leila!" Mapi flew into my apartment.

"Jesus Christ!" I jumped off the couch. "What are you doing!"

"I needed to see you."

"You almost broke my door." I walked over. "Dumbass. There's a hole in my wall now."

"I'll fix it."

"Really?" She nodded. "Like you fixed the other holes you've placed in my apartment?"

"I'm sensing I'm not welcome." She said.

"I'm waiting for Tatiana to call." I walked back to the couch and sat down. "She said preproduction is going great. So I told her to call me when she could to tell me all about it. Which made her very excited." I smiled. "And she said she's called me today at this time. But so far, nothing."

"Maybe she's just running late. If everything is going as great as she says, she probably got caught up in it. You know how Tatiana works when she's enjoying the work." Mapi smiled.

I laughed. "I know. I just miss her. Her living her for those few months was great. It just made me realize how much I love her. How excited I am to plan a future with her."

"Marriage and kids?"

"Kids definitely." I smiled. "We hung out with my niece a little bit. She adored Tatiana. And I loved seeing her with kids."

"I never thought I'd see this." Mapi nodded. "But I am happy for you, my friend. When you talk about her, your relationship, you just glow. There's just so much love and respect in this relationship between you two. It's refreshing to see."

"Because Alexia and Jenni are so weird?"

"Yeah, I don't get that situation at all." I laughed. "But seriously, Leila I am happy for you. And don't stress about her not calling. You know she will, but you also know that as much as she loves you, she loves working too."

"I know she does. And I'm happy she's back working."

Tatiana's POV:

"I think if we start up here and the cut over to the bar. It would just look better." I looked at the camera people. "But it's your call. You are the director after all."

"If you think it would look better that way, do it." I smiled. "You're the camera expert. I trust your opinion." I flipped through the script. "Where's?"

"I'm here!" Florence ran over.

"You know. When Kevin suggested I worked with you officially, I was hoping you'd be on time." I smirked.

"Ha." She pushed me. "We had a minor problem with the fitting but it's all good now." She smiled.

"We're ready to run through it if you are." My assistant walked over.

I saw my phone light up.

Leila

"Yeah." I nodded. "Let me just get this call and we'll start. Can you just run through what we're doing with Florence?"

"Of course."

I walked away and answered. "Hey Leila." I smiled.

"Hey. I've been waiting for your call."

"I know and I'm sorry." I rubbed my forehead. "I'm the worst girlfriend in the world."

"No, you are the best girlfriend in the world. Who also happens to be an incredible director." She said. "I just got worried that's all." She sighed. "But that's just me being too loving and protective."

"I'm fine, Leila." I said. "I just have a cast member who showed up and asked if we could do a run-through of a certain scene. That's why I didn't call. I wasn't expecting her to show up today."

"Her?"

"Yes. Her." I said. "Problem?"

"Just one." She said. "That you're surrounded by all these badass women and I'm stuck with Mapi."

"Screw you, Ouahabi!"

I laughed. "I will call you when I get a chance. And be nice to Mapi. I'd like to come home and not have you on crutches or anything."

"Home." She said.

"We're still going to live together when I wrap this up, right?"

"Right." She said. "Get back to work. And please, remember to rest and drink a lot of water!"

"God, you sound like my dad." I scoffed. "Actually. You are worse than him. He just tells me to finish another movie so he can brag to his neighbors." She laughed.

"I love you."

"I love you too." I hung up and turned around.

"Boyfriend?" Florence asked.

"No." I smiled. "Girlfriend."

"Aw even better." She laughed. "How long?"

"It will be a year in May." I looked down.

"And you're already saying I love you? Lesbians do move fast."

I laughed. "It's a long story."

"I'd love to hear it." She said.

"How about we run through this scene that we rushed to set up for you first."

"Good idea." She walked away. "I will get right on that."

Leila's POV:

"Read it again." I smiled.

"Courage in the Rose set to be the big movie for Tatiana Medeiros." Mapi said.

"And what's the next lime?" I asked.

"Tatiana Medeiros could finally win an Oscar for directing with Courage in the Rose." Mapi read. "The film is set to be released in the spring of 2022."

I looked at Jenni. "This is her big moment."

"Don't the Oscars happen early in the year?" Jenni asked. "The movie comes out in spring."

"It could get nominated for next year." Alexia said. "Oscars happen every year."

"Right." Jenni nodded.

"She's a winner, Ale." Irene said.

I laughed. "All the Emmy nominations for the Marvel shows, now potential Oscars?" I nodded. "She deserves all of this."