Chapter 20

I had never been one for post-sex cuddling, but evidently Alex was seeing as I woke up trapped in the arms of a muscly individual. 

We were still naked, which I had to note considering that there was an unpleasant draft hitting my legs.

Alex's entire body covered the back of mine, arms draped around my middle and head tucked in the groove of my neck.

He was also snoring absurdly loud. 

Despite this, I didn't move just yet. Not because the position was considerably comfortable, rather the fact that I had to think about what the next course of action was. Really, there were only a few choices available to me – and none of them seemed particularly favourable.

Number one: I treated this as a normal hook up, a one night stand kind of deal. We both solemnly swore ourselves to never speak of it again and I would be compelled to stare at his crotch knowing exactly what's going on downstairs from here on in.

Number two: I run away. Which was just a shit idea considering the fact that I had nowhere else left to run, I had exhausted all of my options. Anyway... this place was kind of beginning to feel like home.  Running away would always be an option, but not right now. For some reason, I wanted to stick this out (but I'd refuse to acknowledge the reason why for the time being).

And number three: I put on a brave front and faced whatever was to come head on.

The third one seemed a little vague, which was probably why I immediately clung onto it. Maybe Alex was going to immediately regret sleeping with me in the first place and I didn't even have to make a move. Or maybe he was going to suggest that we do it again. Perhaps it was more than a little wrong that that thought stirred something in my lower gut. I didn't mind that concept, the one involving us continuing whatever the hell we had going on.

And that was fucked up enough as it was. Just as I was growing uneasy about the path that I had reluctantly agreed to, Alex shifted behind me and rubbed his nose a little into my bare shoulder. Which was, thankfully, not a wet kind of rub. Even though it probably shouldn't have been, it was a tense silence. Alex was still rousing from his sex-induced slumber, and in the next few moments I'd finally figure out his reaction to this all. His breath hitched a little bit, legs stretching as he absently flexed his arms around me – tight enough to push all of the air out of my lungs.

Silence again, and he damn well knew that I was awake.

"Want some juice?" he grunted, lips pressed against my shoulder blade now as he made no move to shift his closely embraced position.

Not that I was...complaining. I wished I was, but it didn't even cross my mind at that moment in time. I just snorted and rolled my shoulders, sitting up with a huff at how stiff my joints seemed to be at that moment in time.

"If it's orange," I replied, stretching my arms over my head and sighing at the definite click that echoed back to me, "none of that shit carrot stuff that you chug down. That's just gross." Glancing around at Alex, I noticed that he was propped him on his elbow, looking at me with a bemused grin on his face and perhaps an appraising twinkle in his eye. I rolled my own, grabbing my pants off of the floor.

"Shut up," came my own grumble, even though he hadn't even said anything. "I'm going for a shower. If that promise of juice is empty, there will be war."

It was a quick dash from the renovated room to the shower, luckily no one spotting me. Was anyone even home? Whatever, all I wanted was that much needed hot water to wash that sweaty feeling from my skin. Soaping up my skin with Kelly's special vanilla body scrub (because, hey, I had ever right to smell nice if I wanted to) and relishing in the moment. My body was still humming from what had happened only hours ago, and guilt was yet to sink in. Hopefully it never would, but one key individual had yet to enter my mind at that moment in time.