nine.

"you're not gonna die"

"y/n," I heard John B say as he sat down next to me holding my wound

"No we have to help her, her wound is way worse then mine," I told him crawling over to Peterkin John B doing the same, we both put as much pressure on her wound that we can.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry," we both apoligized as John B took off the bandana around his neck and pressed it against the wound.

"Call. Call for help," she told us very quietly as she bleed.

"Rafe, no! Rafe!" I heard Ward calling as Rafe was walking towards us with the gun.

"Don't try it, asshole," Rafe threatened John B pointing the gun at his head.

"Rafe-- John B give me the radio," Ward told John B making Rafe back up.

"No," John B and I said.

"Come on. Give me the radio. The damn radio," Ward told us pulling it out of John B's hand. "Rafe I've got it. Calm down. Rafe, put the gun down."

"Run," Peterkin told us as she gasped for breath.

"We're not leaving you," John B told her.

"Run!"

"I'm sorry," John B apoligized helping me stand up. "Can you run?"

"Yeah, I'm good," I told him as we walked slowly back to where Sarah was.

"Where are you goin'? Huh?" Rafe yelled as he ran towards us.

"Run," Sarah told us.

"Where you going, twins!"

Me and John B took off running through the field, gunshots going off behind us as we ran. I look down at my wound my shirt now covered in blood. My legs burning from running so fast with the amount of blood I'd lost, which was not making it any better.

We made it to the edge of the woods running in and through the trees. Briars and limbs cut our skin from how fast we were running. We made it to a clearing both me and John B run infront of a car our hands that I had just realized were together came apart before immediatly coming together again.

We groaned as we stood up the man in the car asking we were okay before continuing to run down the road. The pain in my feet due to being barefoot had started settling in. I looked back at my footprints only to see blood trickled not from only my feet but from my bullet wound and the Sherriff's.