14

The group of four exited the jungle forest a day later.

Callahan had become ecstatic, when they left the jungle, happy that he had finally gotten out. The faun had grown on the three of them in their time spent together. With his snarky comments scribbled in the dirt and joyful energy, Callahan was a good addition to the group.

Dream led them through a village, but not before pulling his hood back up. Dream, George, and Sapnap all needed new clothes and supplies. They stopped in the nearest clothing store and picked out new clothes.

Dream kept the cloak that the dryad had given him and bought new boots, pants, and shirts. All were dark in color, black and some dark green. His dark brown hood stayed over his head the whole visit, careful not to give away his identity.

George and Sapnap got new clothes as well, similar to the ones they already had, just newer to replace their torn ones. Callahan was pointing out boots and nodding or shaking his head at Sapnap and George's clothing choices.

Dream went to the front of the shop, chuckling at their bickering. He approached the counter and placed several gold coins on the table. He said to the young man at the counter, "For whatever we're going to buy."

The clerk tilted his head and nodded. His eyes lit up in confused recognition and he whispered, "Clay?"

Dream froze. His mouth went dry, thoughts running through his mind at impossible speeds. He cleared his throat and said, "Sorry, wrong person."

Dream left the counter quickly, confused. He glanced back at the boy at the counter, noting his unique hair coloring; half black and half white. Dream had never met him before, so how did he know his name? Dream hadn't used that name in decades and the boy looked like a teen.

He approached George and muttered, "We should go."

"Oh, okay," George replied, sliding his hand in Dream's. Before Dream could comment, George said, "Sap and Callahan went to the baker's shop across the street."

Dream's mind froze, his eyes glued to their hands. George squeezed gently and asked quietly, "Is this okay?"

Dream smiled slowly. He tugged George out of the store, keeping their hands together as his answer. George giggled softly, bumping his hip into Dream's. Dream almost snorted at the cheesy action, but they were interrupted.

"Clay?" the tailor asked, now standing in front of them. "I'm almost certain it's you."

Dream froze, how does this guy know me? George looked at Dream, confused, and shook his head. George said, "Sorry, you have the wrong person."

The tailor placed a hand on his hip, his eyes searching under the shadow of Dream's hood. His discolored eyes seemed to see into Dream's soul. Dream shifted uncomfortably. The boy shook his head and muttered, "Sorry, I have a bad memory."

"Yeah..." George said slowly, pulling Dream away, "have a good day."

The black and white haired boy's brows furrowed, but he turned back into the store where he worked. George muttered, "That was weird."

"Yeah," Dream replied, pulling George to the bakery, eager to get away from the boy.

As they entered the bakery, they were greeted by the smell of sugar and chocolate. Dream closed his eyes, inhaling deeply as the smells traveled up his nose. Sapnap was stuffing his face with cinnamon rolls and waving Dream over.

"You're paying for this, right?" Sapnap asked, his mouth full.

Dream laughed softly and pulled out a couple coins. He handed them to the baker and apologized, "Sorry, he's very rude. Thank you for the delicious pastries."