|Chapter Thirty-Five : I Trust You|

For all the boldness I'd shown yesterday night, it was gone out of the window by the time the sun settled over the horizon.

My eyes fluttered against the harsh lighting falling over my face as I squirmed in Valerian's arms.

He had his huge arms wrapped around me, clutching my body to his as if holding a teddy bear.

Rubbing my eyes, I stare at my mate sleeping peacefully in front of me.

Dark thick lashes framed his eyelids casting a shadow down his face. His hair was a complete disheveled mess over his head-a part of my doing-but somehow it still managed to make him look irresistible. His lips were slightly tugged upwards at the sides as if he was smiling in his sleep.

I couldn't help my own lips from stretching into a wide smile as I brought my hand up to gently brush away the messy hair over his forehead. I don't know why I do it but before I could think much about it, I find myself inching closer and kissing his forehead softly just the way he'd done to mine many times yesterday night.

Valerian stirs in his sleep pulling me flush against his naked body and I feel my cheeks heat up as the events of yesterday night come flashing back.

We'd awoken thrice in the middle of the night and every single time we'd ended up doing the same thing, more wilder than the previous round. Pleasuring each other to the point of exhaustion and then falling asleep under the duvets. Infact, it was a miracle we'd had any sleep at all.

But now when I was finally out of the desire induced state and everything sunk into my head, I couldn't help myself from feeling flustered over my mind.

To add to it, at that very moment, Valerian decides to flutter open those green eyes to stare right at me reminding me of the way they'd peered into mine yesterday night as he'd pounded into me.....

Groaning, I pull the duvet over my head hiding my probably crimson cheeks from his view.

Ugh! What is wrong you Kaitlyn?! Why are so shy all of a sudden?!

Valerian seemed to have the same question in mind as he tries to tug at the duvet to look at me, "Kate?"

You're mine, Kaitlyn.

My heart picks up its rhythm as the words from our first time run through my head. I plaster the duvet over my face as even his voice reminds me of everything not-very-holy we'd done.

Valerian's throaty laughter booms in the entirety of the room as I don't budge from my hiding. Before I can comprehend why he's laughing, I feel the duvet lift from the other side and then Valerian is looking at me with an amused smile on his face as he gets under the cover to join me.

Before I can hide off again, he pulls me firmly against him making me gasp at the way I could feel every inch of him. My heartbeat accelerates more than ever and my cheeks grow unsually warm as I shut my eyes to avoid looking at him.

"And I thought I was the virgin here." Valerian muses still holding onto me tightly.

"Virgin, my foot." I mumble under my breath, "How can a virgin. . ." My voice trails as I bite back the words.

'. . .FUCK LIKE THAT? IT WAS THAT GOOD, HUH?' Pretty slurred and I could feel her throwing a wolfy smirk my way, wiggling her brows suggestively.

'Shut. Up.' I curse her out in my head and cut off the mind-link.

"I had seven centuries to learn my thing, you know. I never thought it'd be possible but I knew if I had a chance to be with you, I was going to make it really good for you. I dont know whether I was actually able to do it but I knew one thing certainly, it was only ever going to be you. No one else." Valerian's words snaps me back to reality.