Chapter 8

We walked out of the restaurant and got a cab back to the hotel. We dispersed into our rooms and about twenty minutes later Justin and the rest of the crew had arrived.

“Hi baby,” he said, walking towards me.

“Hey, how was the show?”

“It was amazing. The crowd was really loud here,” he explained, giving me a kiss on my forehead.

“How was your night?”

“Oh just went for dinner, then came back and watched telly,”

“Oh where’s Zoey?”

“Oh she went to visit her aunt here in Dallas.”

As I fell asleep on Justin’s chest that night, all I could think about was Luke. We had had so much fun at the rodeo but the dinner was slightly awkward because the restaurant we went to happened to be a hotspot for all the couples in town. People in the tables beside us were either kissing or flirting while we just sat there, stiff, staring at our food.

When that waiter made the funny comment, I honestly felt kind of heartbroken when Luke told him the truth about us. I don’t know why but some part of my brain liked the idea of me and Luke being married.

Whatever it was that I felt for Luke, it was minor. Not even a crush, it was just that thing you feel when you see a hot guy and then you forget about him and move on. Only difference? I saw this hot guy every single day.

***

The journey to Miami was exciting because I  really wanted to go to the beach. The last couple of days had been extremely hectic.  I was exhausted from the constant travelling , the early morning and late nights routine was wearing me out. Scooter said that since there were two shows in Miami, we could chill for an extra day so Justin could take a break. Zoey had flown back to L.A to take care of business but was going to be joining me in Miami.

When we arrived at the hotel, I immediately unpacked, wore my bikini and went to the beach. Our rooms were in a secluded private area of the hotel so there were no chances of paparazzi taking pictures. Minutes later, Justin came and joined me. He was shirtless, only wearing a pair of shorts, a snap back and sunglasses. We lay there, soaking up the sun and enjoying the time we had to rest. We talked about everything, and gossiped too. We always had the most random conversations but that’s what made us connect so deeply. We could do anything, but as long as we were together, we’d never get bored.

“So how you liking it on the road so far?” he asked, as we stared at the sea.

“It’s fun! It’s like this really long road trip with all your friends! I really like it!”

“Glad you’re having fun. I know you get tired sometimes though, I see it in your eyes,”

“We all get tired, but that’s only when I have to wake up at random hours of the night or sleep really late. I’m actually getting used to it now. I know you’re tired too, in fact, before your show tonight, I want you to get a massage.”

“But why would I want some random person touching my body like that?” he mused.

“Okay, then I’ll give you the massage!”

“Really?”

“Yeah, lie on your stomach,” I instructed before getting some body oil and squeezing the tube so that the oil was all over my hands.

I then gently placed my hands on Justin’s back and rubbed the oil on it in circles. When I had spread the oil on every part of his back, I began teasing his skin with my fingers.

“That is so good, where did you learn that?”

“Um, nowhere?”

“Wow, baby, that feels amazing, you gotta give me more of these,”

“Sure,” I said, as I continued to dig my fingers into his skin and rub in gently in all his weak spots. I pressed harder and harder, letting my fingers run from his shoulders to his lower back.

“Baby,” he moaned and a thin smile etched on my face knowing that I had done my job properly.

“There! Done!” I said, rubbing my hands together.

“Come here,” Justin burst, as I began to walk away and suddenly his arms were wrapped around me and I found myself lying on my back on his sun bed and he was on top of me.

“Justin, what are you doing?” I laughed.

“Just wanted to thank you,” he said, before attacking me with kisses all over my neck and jaw line.

“Baby, stop!” I begged, as the tension mounted. My bikini strap was beginning to loosen and as Justin and I kissed all I wanted was to forget all my inhibitions and let Justin take me.

“Ew , you pervs,” Fredo said and we both stopped and looked at him.

“You gotta stop doing that man,” Justin pointed out, as I blushed orange and wore a skirt to cover me up a little. As I stood up to go and get my sunglasses from the other beach bed I noticed a pair of eyes staring at me.

Focusing on who it was, I realized that it was Luke. Why was he staring at me like that? He had this really pissed off expression with a ting of sadness in it. I wasn’t sure why but I could take a wild guess.

Luke’s POV

Why can’t I just let go of this? Why can’t I just accept that she’ll never see me the way I see her. Why can’t I just forget what I’m feeling? I hate this so much.

“Luke?”

“Luke? What are you staring at?” Elysandra’s voice interrupted my deep line of thought.

“Oh nothing, just the sea,” I lied.

“Beautiful, isn’t it? I love Miami!”

“Wanna go out after the show tonight? Drinks on Nick!”

“I don’t know, might have an early night!”

“Why? Are you okay?”

“Yeah, just want to chill from the clubbing scene for a while!”

“Oh okay, then!”

 Elysandra walked away and left me at the patio. I glanced at Camilla for one last time before going back into my room.

I lay on my bed and put on some music, some R&B to calm me down. I fell asleep listening to D’angelo and I had a dream.

It was late at night, and I had walked out of my room for some reason. The cool breeze from the sea hit me and blew my hair with it. I had no shirt on and I walked on the beach, enjoying the feeling of the sand under my feet. And then she appeared, she was wearing a short white dress. It was as if she couldn’t sleep and had also decided to come out of her room. She stood right there in front of me. I looked around and no one else was present. She heard me and turned around to face me, her eyes ached with desire and she began walking towards me and I simultaneously did to her. I held her in my arms and I...

“Luke!”

“Yo, Luke ! Get up man, it’s show time!” Jon remarked, nudging me back and forth knocking the slumber away from me.

 I rubbed my eyes and heaved a loud sigh.

“What’s wrong?”

“Nothing, ..how long have I been out?”

“Maybe about an hour... get ready, we about to leave!”

I sat on my bed for a few minutes to recollect myself before going to take a shower.

Oh Camilla, what are you doing to me?