Chapter 4: Mission Briefing

Somewhere in the Outer Rim:
Secret Hyperspace Lane
________________________________

Aboard the Havoc Marauder
________________________________

"Welcome aboard, Miss Shadow," Tech said in a warmer tone than Kira expected. "This is the Havoc Marauder."

"Don't speak on behalf of all of us Tech," Crosshair grumbled. He sat down in the nearest open chair and removed his helmet. First thing he did was stick a toothpick in his mouth. Probably was supposed to be a cig but it would be rude to smoke on the ship.

His face was thin and narrow, matching the rest of his skinny body. His cropped hair was silver in color, but she wasn't sure if it was from age or simply dyed that way. He had a unique tattoo of a sniper's scope around his right eye, which matched his helmet. But the glare she imagined back on Pantora was indeed real. "Not all of us are that thrilled she's here." The nasally voice made her want to cringe.

"Don't flatter yourself. I'd be back on my own shuttle if the engines didn't sieze," Kira sneered back at him. She already hated this guy and barely knew him.

"Oh. A true shame." No doubt he meant it as well.

Hunter sighed and removed his helmet next. "Try to be civil, Crosshair."

"I am civil. She isn't dead, now is she?"

Hunter had a very unique appearance. The left half of his face was tattooed in a long pattern that reached his chin. His dark brown hair was longer than the military standards- perhaps a sign of rebellious nature? It was held back out of his eyes by a red bandana with a mini skull insignia around his head. Some of the stray strands of hair still hung over the sides though. "Sorry about him. He tends to hate any new faces." Oh, and a husky voice too. That wasn't just the helmet broadcaster?

Kira caught herself staring for a moment and looked away. For why, she didn't know. "Whatever..." She was caught at a bit at loss for words. After seeing Crosshair, she wasn't expecting Hunter to look like...that.

Wrecker ripped his helmet off next. Somehow she pictured him looking similar to the appearance he had. Big old scar- oh, a missing eye too. That suited his bulky appearance and demeanor. Probably best he was bald to save for any more damage. "Yeah, don't mind Crosshair. He's just in a constant bad mood." He was teasing, though Kira could take it as literal, and punched Crosshair's arm, which made the other clone growl. Clearly he didn't take the joke very well. He probably couldn't laugh at all.

Tech sighed and shook his head. Sometimes the others acted so immaturely. Mostly Wrecker. Techs's armor was different, resembling a biker scout trooper. His helmet came off but goggles remained. She noticed his helmet was made specifically without the visor so Tech wouldn't have any hindered eyesight, since he was forced to wear the goggles to see. His tan hair was also cut short but his face seemed a bit younger than the others. He adjusted his goggles and glanced at Kira before going back to his datapad. He sure was hooked on that thing. She already took him as the nerd of the bunch.

The last one was Echo. When he lifted his arms up to take the helmet off, she noticed one was missing. A prosthetic was in place, actually just a robotic peg. His head shared similar appearance, as the cyborg implants even had flickering lights. How much else of him was robotic she didn't want to know. By his armor, he seemed to have been a former arc trooper.

She didn't offer sympathy often, but this was an exception. The Clone Wars was a waste of lives and resources. In the end, the Empire won. All a plot from the start. She knew that to be true now. To think she was going to fight for them at one point... "War was hard?" Kira asked softly, regarding Echo's robotic replacements.