Im going to miss you guys

I was breathing heavily. The excitement was taking over me when there were explosions in the back, and Bozo hit the flaming gong, which made a ring of fire. “New York, goodnight!” Robert said putting the mic down. Then we all walked off backstage. “Jimmy. This was amazing. Thank you so much for what you’ve done for me. It’s been the most fun I’ve ever had.” I said walking by his side. But then I stopped. “But…” “You want to go home don’t you?”    He said looking over at me. I exhaled. “Yes and no.  I love rocking out with you guys, and I can’t be away from you Jimmy. But I do miss my family.” I said looking down at the floor. He walked over to me and grabbed my hand, and led me to the rest of the band. “Well guys, I think Meredith is going on a little break.” Jimmy said to them. “Aww, really? You’re are homesick, aren’t you?” Robert said to me. “Well, were gonna miss you around here. Come on guys, let’s say goodbye! “ Percy, Jonesey, and Bonzo all gave me a group hug. When they finished, I went over to Jimmy. I jumped up in his arms, crying. “Hey, you know you can come back anytime for Jimmy Love. And look, I’m giving you this.” He handed me another guitar pick.

    “What’s this?” I ask. “It will glow if I want to come visit you.” He said to me while wrapping it around my neck. “If you want me to come, just touch it and wish I am there with you. If you don’t want me there, just ignore it. OK?” He said to me looking me in the eye. “Ok.” I looked around, and at everyone. “I’m gonna miss you guys so much.” Jonesey, Bonzo, and Percy walked over to me. “We have one too!” They all said at once. “Holy Crap! I could have like, a Led Zeppelin party!” I said laughing at the end. I hugged Jimmy once more, and I grabbed my necklace. I closed my eyes, and then opened them. I was on my bed. I looked over at my guitar, and smiled. I sat down, and turned on the amp. The quietness of it made me laugh. My ears were still ringing from the concert.

                                                       ***

“Meredith! Time for school!” I looked over at my alarm clock, it was seven. I got up, and went downstairs to the laundry room. I looked in my basket, and pulled out the dragon dress. One tear escaped my eye. “Where did you get that dress?” My mom asked me. “ Oh, you know. Just from a friend.” I said casually. I got on the bus, and went to the back. I was about to close my eyes, when I saw my pick glow. I touched and wished he was there. I opened my eyes and he was sitting on the seat with me. “Jimmy!” I said jumping into his arms. “Going to school?” Jimmy said hugging me. “Yeah, I guess so.” I said shrugging. “It’s snowing here, yet you still wear the dress.” He said smiling. “Why wouldn’t I?” I looked at the window, and saw we were at the school. “Well, I’m going to be here for at least six hours so. I don’t know what my friends and teachers will think if they saw past Jimmy Page walking around the school with me. “ I said getting up. I kissed him, and we both said goodbye. And he disappeared with a bright flash.

I walked into all of my classes, and they all asked me how my weekend was. I couldn’t even explain. I just said “Rockin awesome.” I came home from school. And I had this idea.I woke up the next day.  I looked at the calendar. It was January 9th. “No freaking way. Today is Jimmy’s birthday!” I ran upstairs and threw on my skinny jeans, and leather jacket. But before I could do anything, my door flung open. “Meredith! We’re going to London, right now! Get ready!”I forgot. Our vacation.I never would’ve guessed that we would be going to London, even though, this was before the whole Jimmy experience. We won this vacation a couple months ago. I ran over, grabbed my suitcase and packed extra clothes. And my whole family packed into one car and drove to the airport.” We are going to be there by six. “ my dad said. I  just closed my eyes and thought of meeting Jimmy. Would he still remember me?