Chapter 23

Your body tensed. You were reminded what it felt like to be helpless, clueless, defenseless and scared, very scared. It would be very normal for am ordinary person to get lost in a crowd. But for you, it was hell.

You pulled your hands and turned to face the sea. You brought your knees close to your chest and wrapped your hands around them. Whenever you felt scared you would sit like this to feel safe and protected atleast by yourself. It's something that all people do when they're scared or feeling some other unwanted emotions. In your case, it was a habit to sleep like that so you would feel safe.

You sighed and looked at the waves as you started speaking. You told him everything about how you lost him to how you were bruised to how you were finally out of that place.

Y/N: I'm sorry your sweatshirt is torn. I'll buy you a new one.

Namjoon: Forget about my sweatshirt, why were you so scared?

Y/N: I was having a fully fledged panic attack. I've never been good with crowded places. Back in Canada when I was 18, I got lost in a crowd and couldn't get out until a guy with a mask and a hat helped me. He thought I was a middle- schooler.

Namjoon: I didn't know that was you.

Y/N: You mean you were that guy?

Namjoon: Yeah, but now that I think of it, you actually were pretty scared. You didn't calm down until I gave you a lollipop.

Y/N: Well I had spent more than enough time being lost there with people bumping into me.

You mumbled.

Namjoon: How much time was it today?

Y/N: Almost 15 minutes.

Namjoon widened his eyes as he felt pain seeing you struggle.

Namjoon: I'm sorry, I didn't arrive faster.

Y/N: It's not your fault. I can't be a damsel in distress. Like you said, I have to learn to protect myself and live through my problems.

Namjoon: I said that because I didn't know you. Now I don't think you need to learn, you're already enough strong.

Y/N looked at him as they both exchanged smiles.

Y/N: How do you remember the Canada incident so clearly? It was 6 years ago...

Namjoon: Well I was mad at how could someone just leave their child in the crowd. And I made the same mistake today. Arrghhhh! I should've just carried you.

You chuckled as he sighed. You were looking at your surroundings when you spotted an ice-cream truck.

Y/N: Namjoon! Can we get ice cream?

You squealed.

Namjoon: I still think you're a middle schooler by your behavior.

Y/N: Ah, forget it. I don't want it anymore.

Namjoon: Hey I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you.

Y/N: No, it's just that...

Namjoon: What?

Y/N: I don't have any money with me right now.

You looked down as you pouted. After a while you looked up to see Namjoon looking at you in disbelief.

Namjoon: You sure know how to hurt someone's pride.

Y/N: Huh? What did I do?

Namjoon: A millionaire is literally sitting right in front of you and you tell him that you don't want ice cream because you don't have money right now?

Now tell me what flavor do you want?

Y/N: Mint chocolate!