Chapter 3

(Michael's POV)

"Hey baby!" Michelle squeals, pulling me down to sit next to her.

"Michelle, please not now." I say gently pushing her away.

"Aww, Mikey..." she whines, "don't embarrass me in front of our friends and peers." she hissed while whispering in my ear. I pushed her off of me.

"I don't care what they think!" I hissed right back at her, "When I say stop touching me and cut-it-the-fuck-out, I mean it!" I snapped before getting up and walking out with David, my best friend, following after me and asking me what just happened.

"Look Dave, I'm just sick of pretending that I give a fuck about this fake ass relationship!" I whisper-shouted as we walked down the hall.

"So are you going to break-up with her?" I nod.

"Thank god!" He yells out loud. I chuckle at his outburst.

"Really man?"

"Yes! I can't stand that bitch! Her ass is so annoying that if a cut the bitch her ass would only multiply into another terrifying nightmare!" He said while shaking me.

I shake my head laughing at his ass as we walked into our first period. I signal to Dave that was going to sit up front once I saw that Alicia was already sitting in her usual seat in the front of the classroom reading.

"Hey." I whisper to her as I sit down next to her. She quickly glances at me then back at her book.

"Hey Michael." she says quietly.

I smiled at her. Man...my name has never sounded so perfect. Just her voice alone sends shivers down me back.

"So..." I trailed off, not really sure of what to say.

"So..." She said mocking me.

I nervously giggle, "Um...so do you feel any better?" I ask looking down at my desk.

"Yep, it's really nothing to get upset about."

"What do you mean?" Curiosity was seriously going to get on trouble where Alicia is concerned.

"I mean, sometimes you pick the right person and sometimes you don't." she replies.

"Oh...like trial and error?" I immediately felt stupid for saying that. we were talking about dating not a damn science experiment.

"I guess so..." she said with a giggle.

"So are you going to try again?" I ask hopefully. She raised an eyebrow at me.

"How was your talk with your girlfriend?" She asked changing the subject.

I chuckled, "Well it wasn't pleasant." she just nodded her head. "How come we never talked like this before?" I asked.

She shrugged, "I don't know... I mean, I have my life and you have yours..." I could tell that she was giving me very generic answers. I paid very close attention to her as she pretended to read her book.

"I wasn't that busy." I stated. Once again she shrugs at me. "You know sometimes I felt like you were avoiding me." I whisper low enough for only her to hear me as students started to come in the classroom.

She laughs quietly. "That's because I was." She replies back, before she moves to sit on the other side the room with her friends.

I chuckle on the inside because we finally had a decent conversation. All I need to do is end my misery and leave Michelle and I will officially be the the happiest man in the world.

I glanced back at Alicia and her friends with a smirk on my face once I see Alicia with her head in her books yet again, while her friends were staring back at me. They giggle as I wave to them and wave right back at me. I chuckled and turned around to start my class work.