Persona 5 - Chapter 2

I walk down the stairs to be greeted by all my friends. Ryuji Sakamoto. Ann Takamaki. Yusuke Kitagawa. Makoto Nijima. Haru Okumura. Futaba Sakura. Even Sumire Yoshizawa.

Ryuji: So you're finally back. I bet living here in Tokyo is way better than living out in the country.

Ryuji walks up to me and puts his arm over my shoulders as everyone else comes to greet me.

Joker: It's not all bad, it's pretty quiet out in the country.

Yusuke: Well at any rate. We're extremely joyous that you have finally made your return.

Futaba: You're acting like he's our king Inari!

Yusuke: Well you don't seem to be showing your gratitude of his return.

Joker: (chuckle) I guess some things never change do they?

Everyone begins to laugh collectively until we're interrupted by someone walking through the front door of the cafe. It's that same man from yesterday!

Yu: Oh, am I interrupting something? I'll come back later.

Joker: No please, stay Narukami Kun.

Yu: Please call me Yu.

I can tell everyone is a little unsure about him, but something about him just interested me. Maybe it's because I feel connected to him, but I'm still not sure how.

Joker: Will your friend be joining you again Yu kun.

Yu: Not that I know of. She just kind of showed up yesterday anyway.

Ann: So you know this guy Ren?

Joker: Yep, I met him here at Leblanc last night.

Haru: How wonderful. Are you from Tokyo Yu kun?

Yu: No, I'm from the country. I come from a small town call Yasoinaba.

Makoto: I think I've heard about that place a while back. From memory I think my father said something about victims with unidentifiable causes of death.

Yu: Your father? So he was an officer I assume.

Makoto: Yep, although he didn't know much about the Inaba murder case since he worked in Tokyo.

Yu: Well what are your plans for the future?

As everyone seems to list off the endless number of goals and dreams they have I still have no clue what I'm going to do anytime soon.

Ryuji: Hey what about you Ren, Ren?

Joker: I... uh...

I can sense everyone staring at me expecting an answer, I can even feel Narukami and Boss are just as curious as ever else. I have to think of something, the leader of the phantom thieves can't just have no future in mind.

Joker: Well I imagine that the only job I really can get is working for Sojiro, because of my criminal record.

Sojiro: (chuckle) Don't be so modest. I'm sure you could get any job you wanted despite that.

Makoto: Didn't my sister give you her business card? I'm sure she could pull some strings to get you in a legal position despite your reputation.

Yu: (to Sojiro) Hard to imagine such a quite kid has a criminal record.

Sojiro: I know, I remember when he was on probation I didn't want anything to do with him.

Yu: Well that seems awfully kind of you Sakura-san.

Sojiro: (chuckle) He turned out to be quite a good kid either way.

Yu: (to the group) Hey Amamiya-san, I'm sure my agency would be willing to hire you if you ever wanted to take a detective route in life.