2.Come on baby

The moment we entered the house, my dad excused himself to take an important call, leaving me alone in the living area. Throughout the car ride here, he was preoccupied with his client, and now it seems like he has no time for me.

Feeling a bit disappointed, I pouted, but my lips quickly curved into a smile when I saw Linda approaching me with a proud, motherly expression on her face.

Linda has been taking care of me ever since my mom passed away, and she lives with us along with her husband Adam, who works as my dad's assistant. She is like a second mother to me, and it's clear that she loves and cherishes me deeply, as she has no children of her own.

"Don't worry, baby. He seems to be really busy today," Linda said, gently tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear. I pouted a little more, and she pulled me into a warm embrace.

"Congratulations, baby," Linda said, her voice filled with a motherly affection.

"Congratulations, sweetie," came Adam's voice from behind us.

 We turned around to find him holding my favorite ice cream in his hand. I eagerly grabbed the ice cream from him and hugged him tightly. 

"Thank you, Adam... and Linda," I said, my attention fully captured by the ice cream. 

I hurried to my room to enjoy every bite.

Just as I finished relishing the ice cream, Linda entered my room, holding bags in both hands. I wrinkled my nose, already guessing what was inside, and Linda shook her head, causing me to roll my eyes playfully.

"Linda!" I whined like a four-year-old, and she placed the bags on the bed before sitting beside me.

"Do I have to go to the party?" I asked, even though I already knew the answer.

"Come on, baby. It's just a party, and your relatives will be there. Your..." I interrupted her, completing her sentence.

"Father will be happy to see you there," I scowled, dreading the party I had to attend later. She then showed me the dress I was supposed to wear to this so-called party.

You might wonder what kind of girl I am for not liking parties, but let me tell you, this party will be more like a business gathering than a typical celebration.

It has always been like this, and this time won't be any different. My cousins will ask me the same question they always do when we meet: "When will you take over your father's company?"

Oh God! I'm so tired of giving them the same answer. They claim to be my cousins, but they are just envious of my dad and his success.

Dad is the eldest in the family, and my grandfather favored him the most, helping him build his billion-dollar company. I am his only child and the rightful heir.

Like father, like son. They are all the same, and I often feel out of place when they discuss business or brag about their holiday destinations. Whenever I ask my dad if he gets tired of them, he tells me they are family.

I chuckled inwardly when he said that because they were the same people who pressured my dad to remarry after my mom lost her battle with blood cancer and left us alone.

But my dad didn't listen to them. Instead, he immersed himself in expanding his business. Maybe he hasn't been able to spend much time with me, but I'm content with the love he has for me.

In the end, I attended the party with a fake smile plastered on my face, not wanting to disappoint my father. After all, it was also my graduation party.

I tried to make the most of the evening, despite the presence of my jealous cousins, and once the party was over, I headed straight to my room. Exhausted, I fell asleep after reading a text from a special person.

******

The sound of my ringing phone made me groan, and I answered the call, still half-asleep after last night's draining party.

"Morning, Ms. Lazy-ass," Charles greeted me with a teasing remark, and I could hear Swez giggling in the background.

"Morning, stinky boy," I replied, rubbing my eyes. Charles was about to retort when Swez intervened, scolding him and asking him to tell me why he had disturbed my beauty sleep.

"Oh, my goodness! I completely forgot," I exclaimed as I remembered our plans for today.

"Goodbye, Charles. I'll be there on time." I hung up the call and rushed to the bathroom.

When I went downstairs for breakfast, Linda greeted me and insisted I eat before doing anything else.

I happily indulged in the delicious pancakes, momentarily forgetting about everything else. Yes, I'm quite a foodie, but I also strive to maintain a healthy lifestyle.

"Linda! I completely forgot about the trip Charles has been pestering me about for three years. I need to pack my bags and..." She interrupted me, taking the plate from my hand.

"Go talk to your dad. Your luggage is ready," she said, making me jump with joy. I pecked her cheek, thanked her, and headed to my dad's home office.

Upon entering, I found him engrossed in some papers, and his desk was a mess. He didn't acknowledge me until I cleared my throat, and then he greeted me with a small smile, saying good morning.

"Dad, you should organize these papers; otherwise, you won't be able to find anything," I suggested, arranging the scattered files on his desk.

"You are just like your mother," he remarked, his smile tinged with sadness. We then began talking about my mom.

Later, I informed him about the adventurous trip I was going on with my friends, and he advised me to take care and enjoy myself.

At 2 pm, I met up with my friends near the bus stand, where our journey to the destination would begin.

We were all excited for the trip, and if it weren't for Charles, I would have never joined them. After a five-hour drive, the bus stopped at the hotel where we would spend the night, surrounded by a dense forest.

As I glanced out the window, I noticed something moving swiftly into the forest, its speed too fast for me to comprehend.

Charles called my name, urging me to get off the bus and enter the hotel, but my gaze was fixed on the edge of the forest, illuminated by the light of the full moon.

It felt as though the forest was beckoning to me. I know it sounds strange, but that's how I felt at that moment.

One of my friends approached me, but I told them to go ahead. While everyone was engrossed in their conversations, I dashed toward the forest.

I walked and walked, allowing my legs to guide me, until I reached what seemed to be the heart of the deep forest. It resembled a scene from a scary movie.

Suddenly, I snapped out of the trance-like state I was in, realizing that I had no idea how far I had walked. But there was an undeniable feeling that something significant was about to happen.

I tried to return but soon realized I was lost in the forest.

Who knows what kinds of creatures dwell here?

Then I heard a sound that made me panic, and as I tried to run, I slipped on the leaves scattered on the ground, losing my balance.

I hit my head hard, letting out a growl of pain, and darkness enveloped me after hearing the howling nearby.