Sanctuary: Chapter Five *UNFINISHED*

How did she get caught up in all of this? Her ex-fiance John saved her life (in chapter four) after he tried to kill her (in chapter three) and Nikola, an old friend, who started out to save her life, actually ended up trying to kill her (again in chapter four)!? What?? And now she was going on a field exhibition with her ex-fiance as a way to say thank you for saving her life. She had her bag ready and was heading to one of the few lounges. She had her shiny grey HM:BAMF jacket on with dark blue jeans and black knee-high boots.

"Ready?" She asked him as she entered the room.

"Yes." He replied.

"E.M (electro magnetic) shields are down. You can teleport." Henry said whilst double checking on his laptop because if they transported out while they were still up, then they would be disintegrated, hence why they have them to protect the Sanctuary.

"Thank you Henry." She said whilst she stepped near John getting ready to teleport. John put his hand on her shoulder and teleported out to East Africa where they discovered that there was a former Praxian stronghold. After they teleported, they noticed the door had recently been opened but who would know this was here? Hhmmm ... Strange, they thought.

They cautiously walked over to the hole in the wall where they could get in. After crouching in through the hole Magnus quickly got out her gun and scanned the room. After determining that there was no one in they proceeded forward towards the archway. Magnus again held up her gun and scanned the room but couldn't see anyone. There were a number of pillars dotted in rows around the room which appeared to have ancient text engraved onto them.

"Wh.. It... It can't be!" Magnus said gasping whilst looking at the familiar, ancient text. The text was engraved onto a material that looked and felt like silver. The silver was mounted on standing pillars of marble.

"Oh but it is!" A familiar sounding voice said as Nikola appeared from behind one of the pillars. Magnus quickly raised her gun. at him in case he made any sudden movements.

"This reminds me of when we were in Italy a few months back, you remember that?" He said sighing.

"What you mean when you tried to KILL ME!?" She angrily replied, sighing.

"You! WHAT are you doing here!?" She asked trying her best not to shoot this idiot!

"You know exactly why i'm here Helen. Look around you!" He sighed whilst spreading out his arms and looking around.

'Of course!' she thought to herself. "The text!" She realised. The text were of Vampire origin. "The Sanguine Vampirists (Vampires)... Your ancestors. You're after the information!" She said gasping. It made perfect sense, Nikola is a vampire so he would strive to find out what he could about his ancestors.

"Yes. Just think of all the information about my ancestors hidden in this small room!" He sounded amazed! Whilst Helen and John were looking cautiously at Nikola, he noticed a mark on the text that wasn't of the language. He inspected it whilst John asked "What are you doing?" Interested. It seemed to be a trigger for something so he pushed it and from behind them a stone wall lifted up to present a woman with blonde hair and a black, long dress stuck in some sort of purple crystal.

"Oh my god!" Nikola said walking up to her. She seemed to be stuck in some kind of stasis. Helen was curious so she started reading the text on the walls to see if it said anything about her.

"This place used to belong to the Praxians ( A race of abnormal creatures) but your ancestors drove them away from this place. It said the queen Afina was laid to rest." She said suprised.

"Wow! So is this her?" Nikola asked looking up at her.

"Wait a minute there's another character." She said whilst uncovering the dirt. "Laid to rest... Here!" She said amazed, looking at Nikola then John.

"Oh my god! This is the queen.. My queen!" He sighed amazed.

"We've got to get her out of there." John said looking amazed also.

"Yeah" Nikola agreed whilst gently touching the crystal. When he touched the crystal, the crystal started to crumble down.

"How did you...?" Helen asked wondering how he got the crystal to do this.

"Vampire?" He thought and questioned whilst stepping back so he wasn't struck by the crystals. Her hair turned dark brown as she was uncovered and she awoke from stasis! She sighed looking around a little as she probably didn'y know where she was.

"It's ok!" Nikola held her hand for support as she stepped forward. John and Helen both stepped forward up to her struck at their find!

"Is your name Afina the queen of the Sanguine Vampirists?" He asked.

"Does she even understand us?" John asked whilst Nikola helped her to a stone seat and sat her down. All three of them crouched down to her level of height.

"We don't know" Helen said.

"What year it this?" She asked. She had quite a dark sounding voice and was deep as well.

"It's 2010. You've been asleep for many years." Helen replied.

"Don't patronize me. Ive been in stasis for thousands of years." She said stubbornly as she gave a harsh look at Helen.

"Blood." She mumbled stating that she was hungry.

"Aah. We've got pigs blood." Nikola said disappointed to disappoint his queen. (Nikola made a vow to never drink human blood as I explained in Chapter 1).

"You. I can smell you." She said looking at Helen whilst standing up and pushing Nikola across the room and hitting off the wall. Then she pushed John and Helen on the floor to and they both flew in opposite directions to eachother and hit the walls. Afina quickly ran over to where she had been stuck in stasis and pressed a button. Nikola quickly dissapeared under ground and Helen realised they're has to be a trap door there. John and Helen both sat up trying to stand. She walked over to John and hit him with some sort of empulse weapon