Chapter 1: Everybody loves me!

"What can I say...everyone loves me."

"Seriously, why do you do that?" Jerry looks over his box of chicken wings at Tayce, who was currently sucking and licking the hell out of his fingers, whilst making satisfying hums in the process.

He temporarily halts his actions and looks up at Jerry's slightly crinkled up face. "What? You gotta get all the flavour and the flavour tastes good." 

Jerry shakes his head, looking back at the table and locating a clean napkin for his own mouth and fingers, before delicately tending to the stray sauce at the corner of his mouth. "It's just irritating. You eat like a pig!" He comments.

Tayce shrugs off the comment, like an unwanted scarf and carries on as he was, enjoying the spicy flavours on the tips of his fingers and adds that extra vocal, just to annoy his co-worker.

"Why is it that I'm always stuck with you on lunch break?" Jerry whines, with Tayce being seemingly unaffected by his words. 

"Because we're on the same shift usually dummy! And you love me really." Tayce grins at Jerry, purposely sucking at the tips of one of his fingers, just to aggravate his friend.

Jerry just huffs a response. "You're lucky we are friends because anyone else would have punched you in the face by now for being annoying." Tayce just grins back at Jerry affectionately, with Jerry feeling obliged to smile back. Tayce always had a way of pulling the good out of people. 

"Frank must have the patience of a saint." Jerry adds, now popping his used napkin in the small cardboard box and closing the lid. 

"He loves me unconditionally." Tayce says with a mouthful, causing Jerry to snort a laugh. 

"Like I said, he's a saint."

The next few minutes are blessed with silence, with just the faint sound the radio playing in the staff room and the hum of the customers throught the closed doors. Both Jerry and Tayce are focusing on their own phones. They only look up when they hear the door push open to reveal a tall handsome broad shouldered fellow.

"Sup Jojo." Tayce says, still picking away at the remainder of his lunch. 

"Hey, show your supervisor some respect!" Jojo replies, walking over and knocking Tayce's shoes off the adjacent chair. He stands back up straight, hands on hips as Tayce does in fact sit a little straighter in his chair, though still trying to stifle a giggle, as is Jerry.

"Sorry Mr Sims sir." Tayce clears his throat, now being more formal with his food etiquette as he wipes his hands with a napkin as opposed to using his tongue. 

Jojo says no more on the matter, choosing to talk about why he had entered the staff room in the first place. "I need a favour from you Tayce." He begins with, making Tayce's playful demeanor fade.

"What is it?" He asks a little bit warily. The last time he had done his supervisor a 'favour' it hadn't gone down so well. It ended up with Tayce dressed up as a rooster and being harassed by some rebellious Kids.

"I have a new starter. I want him to shadow you for a few shifts, so you can show him the ropes, you know?" Jojo looks at Tayce, hoping he will agree, though he should agree, he is Tayce's supervisor after all.

"Aah why me?" Tayce whines, his body slumping slightly in his seat. 

"Because...and I hope I don't regret saying this, you're a good worker, a good example and I can't afford the hassle of yet another employee starting, to then turn around a week later saying they hate it." Jojo sees the annoyed expression on Tayce's face ease a little, turning into more of a smug look, with Jerry staring at Tayce, rather put out that he hadn't been asked.

"Well...I guess I could, you know...just to help you out." Tayce replies half smiling. 

"Great!" Jojo says, slapping his hands together, making both Tayce and Jerry jump. "He's just in the locker room, changing into his uniform." 

Tayce now sits bolt upright in his chair. "What...you mean he's here now?" Jerry is now trying to suppress a smirk, now glad he hadn't been asked. 

"Yes he's here now, so come to my office when you're done." Jojo says, now feeling impatient. 

"Fine." Tayce sighs, pulling the last piece of chicken from the box, savouring the flavour as well as his last moments of freedom. 

Jojo nods, with his mission accomplished and about turns and heads out of the room.

"Well well mr good example." Jerry says, in a playful tone. "Seems everyone does love you after all."

Tayce just looks at Jerry and purposely sucks his fingers in front of him, just because... causing Jerry to once again frown with displeasure.
"What can I say?" He replies. "Everyone loves me."