One more Goodbye.25

Mariah
I turn back to the window and standing
There as perfect as I remember is...
Kaleb
He looked at his hands then touched his chest.He looked like the moon goddess.His form was covered by a bright light.But even so he was there.My throat closed up my heart was racing.But the second his beautiful eyes met mine time slowed down.He stepped closer
To me and he smiled gently.I leaned toward him and i reached my hand
Out to him.He smiled and stepped closer.My hand touched his cheek and i gasped.His eyes fluttered closed and he leaned into my touch.His hand held my wrist and he sniffed the inside of my wrist."You still smell like me."he mumbled making me sniffle.He hummed and looked at my face."Or at least what what i smelled like.."He trailed off and i was speechless.

"The moon goddess told me when you accepted Noah, your true mate, i could come back to have our real goodbye.."He said gently and i felt my eyebrows furrow.He smiles gently and his hand touches my cheek.I feel such relief when his hand touches me and i melt into his touch."This is real?"i whisper refusing to take my eyes off him.His smile was bright and his eyes were shining."For the next few minutes."He says and i bite my lip.I sniffle and he slowly takes me in his arms."I miss you."I whisper and he breaths a soft laugh.He holds both his hands on my face and he presses his forehead to mine.If i pushed a little closer our lips would lock.But i couldnt find enough strength to do it.I ached to at least feel his kiss and at the same time i couldnt help but think of Noah.
Kaleb smiled and just held me.Then in an instant he brushed my hair from my shoulders keeping his eyes locked on mine."Familiar?"He asked looking away and around.I blinked and looked around.The fairy lights and makeshift dance floor and the music on one side.It was the memory of our official wedding night.The other side was dimly lit only by the fireflies and moonlight.The sound of rushing water and the feel of soft grass.It was the night we decided to be married.
I felt Kaleb looking at me as i took in the memories.Ones that now carried a dim shock of pain."You looked gorgeous on our wedding night..more like a Queen.."His voice echoed and he held my face so id look at him.Tears streamed down my cheeks as i looked into his eyes."You still are.."He smiled gently and slowly he lead me to our old room.

Jedd was asleep in his crib that Noah bought.Kaleb smiled and placed his hand on Jedds stomach."Im always here my love..watching over you.."He said softly still looking at Jedd."Noah.."He trailed off making my heart race."He always talks about me to Jedd..he talks to me sometimes.."He said still looking at Jedd.His smile never faltered even as he spoke of Noah."Hes a good mate Mariah..he loves you..he loved Jedd like he was his pup."He whispered gently and his fingers lightly brushed Jedds cheek."I love you."I whisper making him smile bigger."I know you do..but you love him too you always have."He says and slowly picks Jedd up.I watched carefully seeing as Jedd never liked to be disturbed during his sleeps.But not even a budge from him.He cuddled closer to Kaleb and slept soundly."How-"I trailed off looking at Kaleb."Children..so innocent and pure..theyre still the closest wolf beings to the moon goddess."Kaleb said his eyes still locked on Jedd."Hes big.."He said but his smile never falters."I wish you could've seen him.."I said softly and he shook his head."I never left love..Sure my body my wolf..my life..i left that but you and Jedd...Ive always been here.Watching you two."He said softly and looked up at me from Jedd."Ill always watch over you two.. and im happy...im at peace now..knowing Noah is keeping his vow to make sure you two are safe.."he said and let one hand go from Jedd to hold mine.His eyes locked with mine and i sniffled making him bring our intertwined hands up to my face and he brushed my cheek with his fingers."Dont cry my love..im ok."He said leaning down to press his forehead to mine.Gently our noses brushed and my free hand rests on Jedds back between us.Our intertwined hands still sit between us and we stand there for a moment relishing in this last embrace.Kaleb lets out a soft sigh and i feel the strength of his grip fading."The moon goddess is calling me back.."he trails off and i pull away far enough to look into his eyes.He was shining brighter.

Slowly he takes Jedd back to the crib and lays him down.His hand rests on Jedds torso and he pulls me close and wraps his arm around my waist."Thank you.."He whispers into my hair."For what?"I ask burying my face in his chest.He was fading."For giving me a reason to live,"He holds my face and makes me look up at him."For being my reason."He whispers and i smile sadly."Thank you..for being mine."I say and my eyes flutter closed as he presses his lips to my forehead."Be happy love..for me."He says gently his voice echoing now.The moon goddess must be tugging now."I love you."I whisper and as my eyes open i take in the empty spot in front of me.
This time he's gone and it doesnt hurt.It doesnt ache.Of course ill always miss him but the memory of Kaleb doesnt make me feel like my lungs and heart have a anvil crushing them.My chest doesnt ache in pain.Im grateful for the chance to have loved Kaleb.For the love we did share.For the life we built.The child we made.

I hear when Noah returns to the pack house.He shifts and i feel it in the air.I guess he could feel me too.The air around me doesnt feel like the depressed funk i grew used to.I sit on my bed staying quiet as i look at the ring Noah saved before they buried Kaleb.I had mine on still but Kalebs sat on a necklace hed bought me around my neck.Noah quietly peaks in the room and smiled softly at me.He walks over to Jedd bottle in hand and sets it near the side of the crib in the line of sight for Jedd.Hed get it when he wanted.

Noah looked at me and i smile softly.He walked closer as i pat the side of the bed.Urging him to sit with me.When he does i lean my head against his shoulder, his rests on top of mine."Have you ever heard of the moon goddess allowing souls to revisit their families?"I ask gently and he hums."Yeah..read a documentation from the elders stating that it happens..rarely but it happens."he said and i nod.
Softly i let go a breath, "He was allowed to come here tonight."I said and felt as Noah took in a steady breath.Understanding immediately who i was talking about."He was?"Noah asked and i heard his heart race."He was only allowed a few minutes just enough to say goodbye, to hold Jedd once more."I mumbled and softly i let my hand hold his.Lightly, loosely.Just to feel his warmth."Thats good..kind of the moon goddess."He said making me hum.We sat in comfortable silence.Listening to his heart beat i was calming.So much so i was drifting sitting there.He noticed so he carefully laid me back chuckling softly."Stay..."i mumbled hodling his hand where he hold my arm to lay me back.He nods and lays down with me.Softly i rest my head on his chest and feel peaceful when his arm holds me close.This wasnt like the cuddles i got from Kaleb.Both just as comforting as the other.I fell asleep and for the first time since that night..i slept peacefully.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.

.
.
Soo i know how late this chapter is and I apologize..but i have been trying.Id like to thank all of the people who have added this story to their reading lists it helps a lot and it gives me motivation to keep writing.So thank you a lot for reading i hope you enjoy..ill start on the next chapter asap!!:)) be safe happy reading thank you!!!

-A
Updated:8-27-2021
Edited:9-13-2021