v

Audrey's POV

"...he's your dad." I finally spit out. It wasn't that I didn't want her to know, I was just unsure of what her reaction would be.

She placed her juice box on the table and looked up at Louis and then back to me. After a second she jumped down from her seat at the table and ran over to Louis. He picked her up so effortlessly and they gave each other a big hug. It was so adorable, I couldn't help but smile.

Once he put her back down on the ground she came over to me. "I told you mum! Millie will be so jealous! What do I do? I don't want to make her mad...." Annabell said nervously.

"I think it'd be best if you don't tell anyone yet. Okay monkey?" I told her. Monkey was the nick name my mother gave me when I was little and it was cute, so I passed it down to Annabell.

She nodded her head and started to ramble again. I swear, little girls never shut up once they learn how to talk. "Are we going to do something together? I really want to hang out with both of you a lot. Katie can come next week, right mummy?"

"Katie could come next week, but mummy has school and work Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. I'm sorry, love." I explained, sad to say it myself.

"What about you daddy? Are you busy?" Annabell asked Louis.

"Well sweety, I um...I have a girlfriend and I was going to be with her. But I suppose you could hang out with us if it's okay with your mum." Louis said to Annabell.

Oh no, not the puppy dog eyes. I hate those, they're so hard to say no to. I want her to spend time with Louis, I just don't know that I want her around his girlfriend. Call me overprotective, but I never met this girl and I know nothing about her. What if she's a potential bad example for my little angel? I don't want that.

My phone vibrating in my back pocket tore me out of my thoughts. I unlocked the screen and tapped on the new text message I'd just recieved.

From: Ryan Q.

Hey, I was wondering if you'd want to meet up tomorrow for lunch or something?

I bit my lip nervously. There was something about Ryan that I really liked. He was kind, considerate, polite, helpful, knew how to cook, and got along with Annabell. All of those things were great and I really did like him. Plus he was pretty attractive if I don't say so myself. Maybe I should give him a chance.

I turned to Louis. "What time would you be taking her tomorrow if I say yes?" I asked.

"About 11:00 if that's okay with you." he answered.

I thought about it for a moment. Maybe it wasn't such a bad thing for Annabell to meet his girlfriend. She was bound to meet her at some point anyway; it's not like we'll be getting back together. At least I don't think we would be. As I said earlier, girlfriend, AKA: off limits. Not that I necessarily wanted him in the first place. I wanted him strictly for Annabell, not myself. It's going to stay that way....I hope. I mean, we never even were together. We slept together, that was it.

"Annabell can go with you, but you have to swear that she'll be your top priority and in your sight every second." I said in a serious tone.

"I promise she won't get out of my sight." Louis reassured me. I nodded and decided to text Ryan back.

To: Ryan

Hey! Yeah, I'd love to go out for lunch(: Could you pick me up around 11:30?

From: Ryan

Great! I'll be there :)

**NEXT DAY @ 10:50**