michael

9th grade.

                                                                                    September 3rd, 2011

BEEP-BEEP-BEEP

A fire truck? - No my alarm clock.

I swung my hand over the side of the bed and hit snooze. Had I done that before?

I blinked my eyes, focusing on the clock on my bedside table.

SHIT!

I sprang out of bed and ran across the room stepping into some black jeans I had laying on the floor. Not really knowing if they were clean or dirty, but I had no time to check. I pulled them up, as I ran across the room, foraging (yes foraging in my own bedroom) for a shirt. I spotted one and darted for it, which I realized was a mistake considering my pants were only half pulled up.

I tripped; face planting into a pile of clothes.

I groaned and stood back up, making sure to pull them up all the way, and zip them up before throwing off the black t-shirt I had worn yesterday, and replacing it with an 'Iron Maiden' tank. I fumbled down the stairs, and into the living room, where I grabbed my chuck Taylors I had thrown by the couch last night; hopping on one foot, as I slid the other one on.

"Michael, you're running late." My mum said, appearing in the hallway.

No shit Sherlock.

"I know mum, sorry, my alarm didn't go off." I lied, not having time to be scolded for being careless again.

She nodded, "Ok, well; have a good day."

I nodded, and ran to her, kissing her cheek, before I grabbed my backpack and darted out the front door. I ran through the front yard, sloppily throwing my backpack on.

I continued to run, picking up my pace when I saw my watch.

I ran down the sidewalk, dodging neighbors, making sure to say quickly say hi to them anyway. I nearly stepped in a pile of dog shit, and almost knocked over Mrs. Lane who was strolling around with her son, Ben. 

But I made it to the school. 

I ran into the building, praying that no teachers would sport me. I sprinted down the empty halls, and between the blue lockers, as my shoes squeaked on the tile. I spotted my first class, and almost did a sort of jump, to get there even faster. 

I was about to check and see if Mr. Birdie was there yet, when I heard something.

I whipped my head around, and my eyes widened when I saw him coming down the hall. Luckily he was staring at the ground as he walked.

I cringed, before quickly pushing the door open. I slid to my seat, and sat down, just in the nick of time.

"Good morning class!" Mr. Birdie said, walking over to his desk.

I smiled, letting out a quiet breath.

Another save by the one and only Michael Clifford.

here's an update guys :)

sorry i haven't been very active on the computer at all. but i have dance, and piano and freaking school so i've been busy. I’ll try and be more active

thanks for reading, please tell me what you guys think :)

+bye+