Chapter 1

Fandom- Shadow and Bone 

Based on Season 1 of the Netflix series Shadow and Bone 

DISCLAIMER I DO NOT OWN SHADOW AND BONE I ONLY OWN MY OC AND SOME OF THE PLOT

AN THIS STORY IS UNDERGOING MAJORRR EDITING PLEASE BEAR WITH ME AS IT MAY TAKE SOME TIME TO GO IN AND EDIT I NEED TO FIX MANY ERRORS SUCH AS SPELLING AND GRAMMAR AND ALSO I HAVE SOME BIG PLOT HOLES

Natalia was the oldest in the orphanage. She was the protector. All of the little kids were scared and sad. Natalia always tried to make them laugh and she would give them her own food. 

When she was 12 she snuck away from the orphanage for the afternoon. She walked in the woods. The children knew she left on a little 'trip' but they didn't know that she wasn't planning on returning. 

She got to the woods. She had a small sack with 3 apples, an old blanket, and a map of East Ravka she had been given by one of the littlest kids- Alina Starkov. 

The first day of walking she ate 1 1/2 apples. The next morning for breakfast she had the other half. 

After hours of walking, she came across an old dirt road. It was almost nighttime, and she was getting tired. She noticed a little stream and went to it immediately. After drinking her fill, she noticed something. 

A little way down a horse stood drinking water from the stream. It was a beautiful black horse. Natalia didn't see any rider. She walked over to it slowly as if not to scare it. 

When she reached it, she hesitatingly reached out to touch it. It let her and soon was snorted in her hair. She giggled. The horse sniffed at the apple in her pocket. 

Natalia hesitated. This was her only apple left. She didn't know when she would be able to find more food. The horse nudged the apple. 

"Ok. You can have it I suppose." She held it out to the horse. It took it and began eating. 

Natalia sighed and gave the horse one last scratch behind its ears and turned to leave.

But she was stopped. She saw black boots standing in front of her. She looked up and saw a man with jet black hair and black eyes. He wore only black and had a black kefta on. 

Only one person was allowed to wear a black kefta. 

"And who might you be?" The Darkling asked softly. 

"Um. My name is Natalia... sir." She said quietly. 

"You seem to be a long way from home Natalia." 

"Um. Yes, I guess I am."  She said nervously. He walked over where she stood beside the horse. 

"You like Crow?" He asked indicating the black horse. 

(A/N I don't know his horse's name. 😬 I just looked up black horse names and saw Crow and thought it to be fitting towards Leigh Bardugo's series with the Crow Club and 'Six of Crows') 

"Yes. He's beautiful." Natalia said quietly and admired the huge black stallion. 

"How old are you, Natalia?"

She gulped. 

"16, sir." 

"And why are you, a mere child, alone in the middle of the woods?" 

" i am not a child." Natalia huffed

He looked amused. 

"Why are you alone here?" He asked once more.

"Well... I left home."

"Why?"

"Ana Kuya doesn't like me... she says I am ugly and that I look like a glass of milk that's turned bad. Pale and sour. I am the oldest of the children at the orphanage she runs. I've been there the longest. And everything she cooks tastes like mud! But she doesn't like it when I don't eat. But she never gives the younger children enough, and even then she doesn't give us any fresh fruits. No apples. Only stale grits and rotten beans. I decided to leave." 

Natalia accidentally began to ramble off her whole life story. She hated how childish she sounded, complainig about food. He must think her to be a foolish, foolish girl.

"You would leave a place where you have shelter and are safe?" He asked sounding a tad confused. 

" I am leaving Ana Kuya. Ana Kuya is not safe.  And you can't make me go back." Her voice turned cold.

"And your parents? What of them?" He asked. She looked down. 

"They were killed when I was 7, then I was taken from my home and brought to Ravka and put under Ana Kuya's care." 

"Where are you from?" He asked. She gulped and looked up at him nervously.

"Fjerda, sir." Surprise flickered across his face. 

Now that she mentioned it she did look Fjerdan, but she sounded Ravkan.

"I speak both Ravkan and Fjerdan, obviously." 

"Were you tested?" 

She knew what he meant. Tested whether or not she was Grisha. As a Fjerdan Ana Kuya never bothered to get her tested. After all she was Fjerdan! Being Grisha was a sin in Fjerda! 

Natalia didn't mind. Natalia knew what she was. She knew she was Fjerdan and that it was wrong to be Grisha. But she also knew that she was Grisha. Another reason she'd left. She'd made a mistake and Ana Kuya knew her secret. Natalia knew she had to leave. She couldn't put anyone else in danger.

Natalia made sure her face betrayed no emotion as she turned to the Darkling. 

"I am not Grisha." She lied. 

He looked amused. 

"That wasn't what I asked though was it?" He knew. Natalia could tell by the look in her eyes. He knew she just lied. 

"I am Fjerdan moi soverenyi . It was not necessary for me to be tested. Not when there were other children of higher nationality." 

Natalia said indifferently. She saw a ghost of a smile on his lips but it was quickly gone.

"You say you are not Grisha, that's fine, but let's be certain shall we?" 

"With all respect sir   I know whether or not I am Grisha or not, whether I was tested or not. I am 16. I would know if there was something Grisha about me. And there is not." 

He looked at her and took off his ring. There was a small sharp point on it. She backed away. 

"Really sir, there is no need-"

"Natalia. Please come here" She backed away another step. 

"Honestly General, sir there is no need. I insist. -"

"It will not hurt. I swear to you that I mean you no harm-" He stopped talking.

He wasn't looking at her anymore. She followed his gaze and saw that she had lost control due to her panic. She quickly regained control. 

The Darkling looked down and saw the raw panic in her eyes that she wasn't even trying to conceal. 

"Did you know?" He asked. 

She looked down guilty. 

"Yes sir."

"Is this why you left Ana Kuya and the orphanage?"

"It was the deciding factor in my decision." 

"Natalia, please do me the honor and allow me to accompany you to the Little Palace." He spoke. 

"Why would it be an honor?" She asked confused. He smiled.

"Because you, Natalia, you are a Shadow Summoner." 

*kind of edited?*