Episode Eight: Let it pour

I stood up and let the wound seal shut, "Tell me something: has anyone beaten you before"? "Stop stalling, and just die". With a backflip, I jumped over Clare's thrust; she stopped herself and stabbed upward, I connected the point of my sword on top of hers. I stood balanced and jumped off, landing on my feet I took my stance. I held my blades in an X formation, I blocked her next slash and caught her sword between mine; I felt a grin crawl on my lips: "Why are you smiling"? She asked pressing her sword downward just a half an inch away from cutting my shoulder blade, "Then I shall be the first to beat you". I leapt back and dodged her swing, I spun bringing my arms into me dodging the next thrust I stopped my spin and stepped back to dodge her fist; I turned my back toward her and blocked the next slash with a backhand guard, I turned on my heels and I slashed at her torso; she narrowly missed my strike by going into a slide, I felt the cool tip of her rapier touch my shirt. I paced backward and I dove forward propelling myself in a corkscrew, I stopped in front of her and slashed like a tornado; my attacks were parried flawlessly, when my momentum stopped I sat down in the lotus position, and bounced backwards spinning to land on my feet. I sheathed my swords and pulled out my kunai, I pulled up my pants legs and unclasped the weights on my legs: 100kg ceramic weights for my arms and legs; a 250kg pound ceramic tunic for my torso, worthless for bullet protection but perfect for strength training, "What the hell are you doing"? I shook my arms and legs, the weights appeared as black ceramic sleeves and long johns, I unclasped the weights and they hit the ground with a loud thud, I unhinged the vest and tossed it aside; it fell to the ground and sank into the dirt, "Can you see sound"? I teleported in front Clare and smashed my fist into her face, she bounced off the ground and I kicked her stomach, I sent her flying skyward and I leapt up in the air. I wrapped my arms around her waist and locked her head between my legs, we spun into a drop: I threw us into a piledriver, ten feet from the ground; I threw Clare into the ground first and I crushed her chest with a missile dropkick. On landing, I kicked her stomach and teleported to the other end of the arena, I caught her shirt collar and slid my feet; I let go of her collar and grabbed the back of her head, I slammed her face first into the ground; she skid forward as I leapt and spun like a pinwheel finishing with an axe kick I landed, hitting her neck snapping its base. I stepped off her and felt the fatigue hit my body, thirty seconds... that's a new record; I felt my legs lock up, now comes the payback... this is going to hurt like a bastard. I clacked my shoes on the ground and released the strain on my legs, I stretched my arms and raised my hands in front of me.Clare stood up staking her sword in the ground, as her wounds healed; "I will never lose"! She screamed as she flashed forward, I caught her sword mid-swing with my kunai, "Neither will I". I sent an uppercut to her stomach and knocked her into the air, I spun around and kicked up smashing my sneaker in her face, I grabbed her body with my foot and smashed her back first as I snapped back my leg. She coughed out blood and was eagle spread on the ground, "Goodbye"; I formed Zeus over my arm and concentrated Mach Thirty winds around my fist, I bent my knees and smashed my fist into Clare ripping her into a fine crimson mist.

I let my strength flow freely; my blood boiled inside of me, "My body can't take much more of this I'm going to kill myself before this is over". I unlocked the inhibitors in my body and the ground crumpled under my feet, she reformed, Clare snapped her fingers and morphed into full vampire form, she keeled over and her body started to convulse as her muscles rearranged into grotesque clumps, first her leathery wings spread out to a span of fifty feet; she towered above me standing at around twenty feet tall, as her transformation completed her face became like a bat as did the rest of her body, a walking muscular wall stood in front of me; she flexed her black claws and rushed toward me. I leapt up and tornado kicked the thick pulsing vein in her neck, she fell one knee and I smashed my fist into her face; she grabbed my torso as she stumbled backward, I felt my body being crushed as she tightened her grip; I placed my arms between her hand and tore myself free from her grip, I launched myself into her face; punching down her body from the neck up raised itself from the force of my blow; she rolled over and landed feet first, I leapt back using my hand as a spring to dodge her wild swing, I rolled out of the way and barely missed her overhead kick; I caught her heel mid-roundhouse and swung around destabilizing her center of balance, I leapt up and threw Clare back into the ground; I closed the inhibitors in my body as I saw her land in a large explosion of dust, phew... just dodged a bullet; the strain already started taking its effects, no not yet... I'm going to force myself through this, the cramps in my body loosened as I took a deep breath. Clare stood on her feet as she morphed back into her human disguise, she breathed heavily and thrust forward with her sword; I stepped out of the way and leaned into her, I smashed my knee into her stomach and she fell over, I saw the whites of her eyes... she's reached her limit, so have I. I felt my chest convulse, my heart's going to give out... well, shit. I placed my hand over my chest; I traced around where my heart should be and fell on my knees, "I'm never doing that again". I flipped over on my back and saw Ragnarok rush into the arena, he placed me in his arms; putting me over his shoulders he walked me out of the ring; "Let's go home... I'm getting sick of the underworld". His voice comforted my doubts of making it through this, I slipped into unconsciousness with smile on my lips, "Hey stay with me: oh forget it... I'll wake you when we get home".