the last chapter - seungmin

The last chapter - Kim seungmin.

" No, I'm pretty sure she said aisle five not aisle six , mong mong. " You said impatiently waiting for seungmin to find the book he has waiting to read for weeks by now.

He dragged his stool that he was on just near your head swiftly, as if you both were stuck in a drama, and came close. You could feel your heart flutter in excitement.

But he did nothing but flick your forehead.

" Ouch. " You said massaging the part of your forehead which was turning red at an alarming rate.

" Serves you right. I told you Mrs.Hana said it was in aisle six. " He said referring to the librarian's previously said words.

He brought you, or rather dragged you, from your quiet place in the cafe as you were working on some assignments due this week for some company to the library, his quiet place.

" I don't understand. You could always Google it. I mean you have a smartphone for a reason. " You said as you saw him carefully get down from those flimsy library stools that no one cared to replace.

But that didn't mean that you didn't like that seungmin was different. You always thought that he wasn't meant to be born in this decade or even this era. He doesn't have the old way of thinking but he had this vintage style to him.

The book club head and the social media head being friends.No one understood how you both even clicked and honestly you didn't either. Of course your tastes were seemingly random, but the way you argued and teased eachother never failed to bring a smile on your face.

" Phones were created for calling people. It's just become too smart that the simple things like books and cameras are losing their value. You should try to pick up a book sometime, y/n. " He said his face evidently showing a smirk while he was searching for one particular paragraph as he wanted for research.

" Sure. " You said rolling your eyes and walking out of the maze of large shelves around you. It almost intimidated you to sit and study in silence.

" But when you think about it, life could also be like a book. " Seungmin said interrupting the little gaps of silence you both often had.

" Huh? What do you mean? "

" I mean every year of your life could be a chapter, and every decade you live, a book, several books making a series of your own life. "

" So the last chapter would be death. Now isn't that a cliche? " You scoffed.

" Not really. It could be anything you wish."

You tilted your head as you couldn't quite catch his point and he chuckled softly at his expressions.

" I meant your story could end whenever you want it to. It doesn't necessarily mean it has to be death dufus. " He said ruffling your hair as you both looked for places to sit in the quiet seating place on campus.

" Hmmm then what would your last chapter be about, Mr. Kim Seungmin?' You asked holding an imaginary mic, mimicking a nosy reporter.

" Probably about the love of my life? " He said arching an eyebrow, as if he was studying your expression.

" Now you are just spewing nonsense." You said as you tried to sit down and listen to music only to have your earphones being snatched out of your grasp making you gasp.

The next few seconds felt like a whirlwind as he pulled your chair close to his. Now here you were, face to face with him, noses touching and eyes not shifting anywhere else but into his own pair of eyes. You pounding heart tried searching for an expression or even an explanation but you were interrupted by his words,

" What if the last chapter was about you?"