Chapter 2: The Decision

"Do you dare find out?" Robin finishes.

"W-What's that supposed to mean?!" Usopp stutters out.

"What they went through as children...? How would that even be possible?" Marco asks.

The pirates start whispering about different theories and things of the sort. After a few minutes they hear a loud ding coming from the screen. They look back at it to see 1 big bold word and a smaller paragraph.

The pirates just stared at the screen in shock and confusion for a few seconds before Izo steps forward to start reading.

~Memories~

~You will not be viewing the second's however, due to... unforseen circumstances. However this is the way to see the truth. Do you want to know? A word of caution. You can all leave here with different opinions than when you came. Do you still accept? Whitebeards? Strawhats?~

They all look at each other confused. Just how much would be shown? Just what would they be learning about Luffy and Ace? And where does Sabo fit in?

"Hey, wait a minute. Aren't memories supposed to be kind of private? Should we really be looking at these?" Thatch asks.

Everyone pauses and thinks about it. It's true. Memories are usually something only that person knows. So why were they being shown this offer? Is it okay to watch?

"I hate to say it but I'm quite interested to see why Ace was so dead set in killing Oyaji." Izo, the 16th division commander, said.

The Strawhats looked shocked and a few Whitebeards had to stifle their laughs. "EHHH?! Ace tried to kill Whitebeard?! But he was so proud of being on his crew! He even asked Luffy to join!" Nami yelled. The Strawhats who had met Ace were also very confused.

"Well, you had met him after he officially joined and was with us for a while. When we first grabbed him, he was incredibly cautious and violent. We never did figure out why since he always avoided it when we asked." Izo explained.

The Strawhats nodded at this. They were really curious as to what would have made Ace try to kill Whitebeard of all people.

"Yohohoho! I am quite interested in Luffy-san's past. He knows quite a lot about all of us but we don't really know much about him." Brook says. The Strawhats think about it and realize Brook is right.

"But then again, Luffy always said 'the past doesn't matter on this ship' so we never really asked." Zoro pointed out. "I always thought he just didn't care. I never thought of the possibility of him wanting to hide something." Sanji says, surprisingly agreeing.

"Captain-san doesn't really care much about that kind of thing does he?" Robin asks smiling softly.

"But hey won't they get mad at us? Think about it. They never told us anything about their pasts. Don't you think we should respect that?" Usopp says frowning.

The pirates frown realizing this. If Ace and Luffy had tried so hard to hide and avoid their pasts would this be disrespectful to them? The pirates didn't want the boys to be mad at them.

All of a sudden, the screen started flashing, almost as if to get their attention. They all look back at it to see what it says now.

~They did not allow this but it is necessary to help them. You must decide.~

"Help them yoi? With what exactly?" Marco asks.

~Their grief and pain. After all, when Fire Fist died, both Sabo and Luffy went into comas. Luffy had such a traumatic experience that his mind broke and he was out for two weeks. Sabo had amnesia for 10 years and went into a 3 day coma getting his memories back. They have not recovered and are very slowly losing the will to go on with their dreams. If you do this it will help release some of the stress and pain.~