Chapter 2:

She didn't like this one little bit… her new short legs that was. Oswin was used to being the one walking fast, just because her leg span was bigger due to her height. Now she knew why her shorter friends would get mad at her; having to speed walk to keep up was not fun in any way. But Gandalf finally noticed her plight and slowed a bit. The brunette shot him a grateful smile and she asked him finally, "So, what was this journey you referred to earlier?"

Gandalf looked down at her and told her in his calm, cheerful voice, "A quest to reclaim Erebor. The dwarves were driven from their home there by a horrible fire drake known as Smaug. Thorin, king of the dwarves, has decided now is the time to reclaim it." Once more, Oswin stopped before hurrying to catch up, trying to figure out-

"Wait, a DRAGON?! As is giant, flying lizard who makes an overdone meal out of anything in its way dragon?!" As Oswin spoke, she waved her hands and threw them apart, trying to communicate that she had come up with something that had TOENAILS bigger than her.

The grey haired wizard chuckled and nodded, informing her, "Yes, I suppose it does. But, on the bright side, no one has seen it in almost sixty years. He could be dead."

Oswin stopped yet again, then had to catch up once more and replied in an over dramatically scared tone, using her hands again to convey her panic, "Or starving! Have you seen how freaking tiny I am?! I'm like that crumb that you eat off the plate because you CAN!"

This time the wizard stopped and told her, "Miss Oswin, I can assure you, that will not happen most likely. May I see that blade again?"

Oswin muttered something about most likely being the least assuring thing ever but handed over the moon sliver blade, and watched as the wizard studied it in the moon light. He spoke quietly to himself before nodding and returning her weapon, and Oswin asked curiously, "Well, what was it?"

Gandalf resumed his pace and told her, "Nothing, dear one. Ah, here we are, the hobbit hole of Mr. Bilbo Baggins." Oswin huffed but followed after him, only to squeak in surprise and jumped to hide behind Gandalf's legs. Before anyone could do a thing, the door opened and the dwarves tumbled back, Oswin peeking out from behind Gandalf's legs to see a light brown haired hobbit standing at the door, staring at the dwarves now spread out on the floor.

Gandalf chuckled and as the dwarves got up and filed in, and the large wizard moved in to, Oswin being forced to follow him as she was clutching onto his cloak. While she heard clattering and such, Oswin politely closed the door, before placing her bag by the door, making sure it was out of the way. Turning to Bilbo (she was meeting Bilbo Baggins!), she said politely, "Hello, you must be Mister Baggins. I'm Oswin Oswald, it's a pleasure to meet you. Uhm, would you like to me to take my shoes off?"

The hobbit was quite surprised but stammered out, "I-it's fine, those dwarves could crush your feet, Miss Oswin, and I'd hate for that to happen. I'm sorry, this may be a bit rude, but you seem to be too short for a Dwarf."

Oswin smiled and shrugged before scampering off to the dining room. She didn't need Bilbo destroying her story before she even told it. As she wove her way into the kitchen, she collided with something and fell back, landing firmly on her rear and heard someone apologize, "Sorry, I didn't see you there."

She looked up and forgot how to breath for just a moment. Standing above her and offering his hand was probably the best looking male she had ever seen. Oswin blinked up at him before realizing that, in fact, she was still on the floor and staring up at the lovely looking man in from of her like a complete and utter idiot. Accepting the hand, she squeaked as he pulled her up easily and smiled nervously. Biting her lip slightly, Oswin managed to get out, "Oh, it's fine, I wasn't paying attention. Uhm, I'm Oswin!"