Goddadee

"Goddadee!" Benny shouted when I told him Markus was coming over for Christmas. "Another mouth? Well, I guess that won't be so bad," he said placing is finger on his chin, "I'll have to brush up on my Norwegian." 

"He's German dad," Jermey cut in, "Speaks English too." Benny turned to his son with a confused look on his face. 

"So I shouldn't wear my kimono?" He asked jokingly 

"You know dad, you can wear whatever your soul desires. You're a free butterfly." Jeremy said with a laugh, earning a look from Benny.

Then, as if on cue, Jeremy jumped off his sitting spot on the counter and left. I turned around to see Benny standing over the sink cutting cucumbers. I watched as he placed them in a bowl on his right.

"Benny?"

"You're not dating are you?" He questioned as he turned around holding an uncut cucumber. 

"What? No, Benny, I told you. We're just friends. Remember that program that pairs up exchange students with students from the area?"

"Yes, I remember. What you may not know is that program also requires the exchange student to do so many volunteer hours. What you also do not know is that Markus completes his hours with me at the hospital."

"So you've met, is what you're telling me?" I asked

"Of course. I meet every volunteer we get. I like people, and I especially like Markus. Also, Markus especially likes you, and I know you especially like Markus." I gave him a look.

 "That's all," he said spinning back around, "Go get Jeremy."