Ireland

After what felt like forever, Tony and I landed in Cork. It was completely dark outside, because it was around one in the morning. I'd definitely be going straight to bed as soon as I got home.

"How are we getting to your house?" Tony asked.

"My parents are parked outside, I called them hours ago."

"Oh, that's very kind of them."

"Yeah, I can't wait to see them," I replied with a smile.

It would be great to see my parents and Conor again; it felt like I hadn't seen them in ten years.

We got out luggage from the conveyor belt, then went outside and I looked around for my dad's car. I didn't know the make, but I'd recognise it when I saw it; the car was bright red and pretty big, with a spoiler on the back.

"Roisin!" I heard them call and looked round. They were to my left and walking quickly towards us. My mum was thin with long black hair and freckles on her face and my dad was muscular, very tall and had short, blonde hair.

"Aww, it's so great to see you both again," I said and hugged them.

"We're delighted to have you back," Mum replied.

"Yes, you have to come home more often.

"Alright, I'll try." I giggled.

I loved seeing my parents again and couldn't wait to talk to them more tomorrow.

"This is Tony, my fiance." I held up my ring finger.

"Oh my, you're getting married!" Mum exclaimed.

"Aww, I'm so happy for you," Dad replied.

"Thank you."

"Hello, it's nice to finally meet you both," Tony said.

"Yes, you too." Mum nodded, then hugged Tony.

"Good to meet you," Dad said and shook his hand.

"Right, can we go now? I'm exhausted." I rubbed my eyes.

It was pretty late and flying was always stressful, which drained my energy. I could sleep for an entire year.

"Oh, you poor thing. We'll be home soon," Mum replied.

We followed my parents to the car and got into the back. The seats were very comfortable and the car was pretty warm, I could easily sleep until we got home.

"I think I'll have a nap," I said and closed my eyes.

"Alright, I'll wake you when we arrive," Tony said.

"Thanks."

I managed to sleep the whole way from the airport to Kilcrohane, but I was still quite tired. We went into my house, which was much smaller than the one I shared with Tony in New York. Conor came out of the kitchen, smiling. He looked the same as always, with pale, white skin and quiffed blonde hair.

"Hey, I haven't seen you in ages." He walked over and hugged me.

"I know, I've missed you."

"Hello, I'm Tony. It's nice to meet you." He held out his hand

"Aye, you too," Conor replied and shook it.

"Right, I really need to get to bed," I said. My eyes were quite stingy and my body was aching to lay down.

"Alright then, goodnight," Conor said.

I went upstairs with Tony; I'd really missed this lovely wee house. Before moving to America, I'd lived in it my whole life.