Epilogue

Harlow

6 weeks later

"Right, that's it." Doc stated as he removed the full cast from my arm. I gingerly moved it in a circular motion unsure as to how it may feel because it had been on for several weeks. It felt strange at first but liberating, as I was able to move it freely.
"Thank you for all of your help over recent weeks. I'll be sorry to see you go." I gave Doc a hug showing my appreciation. Doc had decided to retire and not just from his practice but from the club also. His son James would now be taking over and seemed excited about the new challenge although I'm sure Amy had a lot to do with this decision.
"I've just been doing my job." He stated modestly with a smile. Doc turned to pack his equipment away into his medical bag but sensed my apprehension.
Looking at me attentively, "Is there anything else I can help you with Harlow?"
I stood biting my lip, swinging my leg back and forth nervously. "Erm...I've not been feeling well lately and my period is late."
Doc casually reached into his black leather bag and looked around the infirmary for a plastic container.
"If you give me a urine sample, I can do the simple test." Doc stated, handing me the small container looking unperplexed by my statement.

I returned from the bathroom handing Doc the plastic container almost embarrassed at the sight of my urine. Doc placed the dipstick into the container and we watched the liquid travel up the strip that felt like it was all happening in slow motion.
I stood and paced the room unable to watch any longer as the nervous tension built but I turned in time to see Doc casually take the strip from the urine sample and place it upon a paper towel waiting for the results. I couldn't put it off any longer, I needed to know and eagerly stood beside Doc to see a huge smile register on his face, "Congratulations Harlow, you're pregnant."

Doc and I walked into the bar together as Diesel came strutting over to pull me into his embrace, kissing me passionately on the lips. I wrapped both arms around him caressing the back of his neck as I lightly ran my fingers through his hair.
"I can't wait to get you home babe." Diesel said lifting me so that I could wrap my legs around his waist. "How's your arm feeling?" he asked as he kissed and nipped my neck.
I continued to caress him, running both hands up and down his neck enjoying the attention. "Does that answer your question?" We laughed between kisses, after all that had gone on in recent weeks, I finally felt some of the tension leave my body and was bubbling inside from my joyous news.

Diesel put me down and I wobbled slightly feeling a little uneasy on my feet.
"Did you speak to Doc about that Ink? It's been happening regularly."
I glanced at Doc as he winked at me and I reached for my tummy stroking it up and down gently. I turned to gaze at the beautiful man in front of me, giving him the biggest smile I could muster. Diesel instantly opened his mouth wide gawking at me.
"Does this mean what I think it means Ink?" Diesel grasped my cheeks with both hands, looking directly into my eyes as they started to fill with tears, happy tears. Diesel kissed me passionately again but this time with a lot more rigor.
He pulled away slightly, "Thank you, Ink. Thank you for making me the happiest man alive."