8.Son

"Ready?"

Lan Sizhui asked enthusiastically, smiling widely. The four boys were now sitting in a straight line facing the magical bronze mirror. In the worn out bronze mirror they could see a vague imagery of Gusu Lan lecture Hall filled with students. The Huíyì mirror was emitting a faint golden light, which illuminated their faces.

"Ready."

Lan Jingyi echoed, lightly squeezing Lan Sizhui's hand. All four of them were holding each other's hands with Lan Jingyi on the right end then Lan Sizhui, then Jin Ling and Ouyang Zizhen on the far left. All of them started chanting the incantations and the mirror glowed brightly covering the once dark inn room with bright golden light.

The boys felt themselves becoming weightless and floaty as the mirror did it's magic. They tightly shut their eyes because of the blinding light from the mirror and continued chanting. The sudden weightlessness went away quickly and they felt themselves falling down at a fast pace. They screamed as they fell for few seconds before finally crashing down on a hard wooden floor with a loud thud.

The classes in Cloud Recesses were going on in their usual level of boredom when four people fell from the ceiling with a blinding light. The shocked disciples held their breath while the new guests laid on the floor in a big human heap, groaning.

"WHAT?"

"What's happening?"

"Who are they?"

"Take your sword."

"Enemies!"

The disciples all panicked and scrambled away from the middle of the room. Some of them unsheathed their swords and pointed it at the strangers. The sounds of swords unsheathing was heard in the silent room as Master Lan and the disciples warily watched the human heap on the floor.

The juniors opened their eyes groggily while groaning and rubbing their backs. They blinked few times looking up at the people around them but they still could not see clearly. Sect Leader Nie had already told them that it would take some time for them to see the dream and get their eyes accustomed to the sight. So with their hazy vision, they tried to stand up from their embarrassing state on the floor.

"Lan Jingyi get off me!"

Jin Ling hissed pushing away the dead weight on top of him. Lan Jingyi stumbled and stood up with shaking legs. He rubbed his forehead with one hand while extending another towards the blurry yellow figure of Jin Ling on the ground. Jin Ling huffed annoying while taking Lan Jingyi's hand to stand up.

"Who are they?"

A disciple shrieked loudly, looking like he had seen a ghost, maybe they indeed seemed like ghosts to them because of the faint golden glow around them. The boys could not see the faces of the people around them but they could hear them yelling and scrambling away from them. The sound of more and more swords unsheathing reached their ears.

"We are here?"

Lan Jingyi asked finally finding Lan Sizhui and patting his shoulders in sheer relief. Lan Sizhui turned to his friend and grinned even though he could not see it. He replied happily, nodding his head.

"Mm"

"It's too bright."

Lan Jingyi complained but he really was glad that the Huíyì mirror had worked and they were here. Lan Sizhui chuckled lightly and called.

"Zizhen? Jin Ling?"

"Here"

Jin Ling replied a little to their right while Ouyang Zizhen came forward and held Lan Jingyi's hands. Now all four boys were standing in a small circle in the middle of the room. Looking around Lan Sizhui could now confidently say that they were in the Lanshi.