Don't You Worry - There's Still Time

In the alternate universe of "If/Then" GA-S8-E13, this is how Meredith and Addison still manage to find each other.

"So apparently the residents have a nickname for me," says Dr. Derek Shepherd from across the bar.

"Well, I wouldn't know anything about that," says Dr. Meredith Webber.

"Tell me, what is it?" asks Derek.

"McDreary," Meredith confesses to him.

"Oh-" says Derek.

"How about tonight, you're just a guy in a bar," says Meredith.

"And you're just the girl?" asks Derek.

"Yeah, and I drink tequila," says Meredith.

"Okay," says Derek, as he asks Tom to pour her another one.

"So, what are you doing here, and why aren't you with the other Dr. Shepherd?" asks Meredith.

"Well uh- she and I, we're probably getting a divorce," confesses Derek.

"Oh?" asks Meredith.

"Yeah she cheated on me," says Derek.

"What!?" says Meredith.

"With a doctor from New York, who used to be my best friend," says Derek. "And apparently, she's having his baby." says Derek.

"It's not yours!?" asks Meredith.

"Never was," says Derek.

"Did she tell you why she cheated?" asks Meredith.

"What? No!" says Derek. "She cheated, it's all her fault, and it's over-" says Derek.

"There are two sides to every story-" says Meredith.

"You sound just like your mother-" Derek frowns at her.

"Trust me, I am nothing at all like my mother-" Meredith frowns at him, as she slams her glass back onto the table. "Goodnight, Dr. Shepherd."

"What, you're not going to stay for a little while?" asks Derek.

"No," says Meredith.

"You know, I could be someone you could get to know about love-" pleads Derek.

"Goodbye," says Meredith flatly.

"Hey- do they have a nickname for my wife-" asks Derek, as Meredith puts on her coat.

"Yes," says Meredith.

"And what is it?" asks Derek.

"I don't think you want to know that-" says Meredith.

"And what if I do?" asks Derek.

"We call her 'the good Shepherd,' between you two-" Meredith says to him. "And besides. I thought she wasn't your wife anymore."

And with that, Meredith pivots on her toes, and she calls a cab, and she makes her way home.

Her house is empty, aside from her sleeping parents, which isn't unusual.

Her first roommates George and Izzie both got kicked out of the program, and since then, her ex-fiance had moved in, but they'd broken up earlier.

Plus usually, April had stayed over in Izzie's old room, but of course, since Cristina had caught Alex cheating with her earlier, her former 'person,' was nowhere to be found either.