Chapter 13

Lucas

"I want another kid". Before Nora laid her head down to go to sleep, I blurted it out. Lifting her head up to look up at me she sat all the way up on the bed.

"You say what now". She was totally taken aback by the outburst. "I know we just had Eliza but I want another child".

Putting her head down, as if she was thinking about it. She lifted her head up. "Lucas, we shouldn't be thinking about another child right now.

We just had one and she is our beautiful little girl and that's all we need.

How can she just say we? Who are we? I didn't agree to anything. "No, that's all you need. I want another child",I demanded.

Now she was standing up right in front of me. "Did you carry a baby? Did you go through the pain I went through?

Was you moody, hungry all the time and was your body aching to rest every time you stood up for too long. Did you breastfeed? I remember that was me", she shot back.

Is she really going to play this? I went through all of this game. "No but I'm the one taking care of this family.

Are you doing anything?",I shot back. "I'M RAISING YOUR DAUGHTER", she screamed at me. Is she serious right now?

"Are you saying I don't take care of my child?",I asked, now getting riled. How dare she say something like that.

I do everything for her, my daughter, my pack and she is going to say that? "That's not what I meant", she responded in a lower tone.

I was still heated. "So tell me what you mean then". She walked back to the bed and sat down looking up at me.

"I mean, you're not going through what I went through and it's totally fine. It's not a big deal because we have a beautiful daughter.

But I'm saying I don't want kids anymore. "Look, I want another child and you don't. I'm not going to be fully happy if I don't have another child", I responded with a calmer tone crouching down in front of her.

"Lucas, I don't know what to tell you", she replied with her head down. That just made me mad again. Standing straight up, I looked down at her.

"So, if we had twins. You're telling me you're going to get rid of one because you only want ONE child?".

Here I thought she would be happy to expand our family. "That's not what I would do and you know it". But I didn't know it.

She wants one kid so badly what would she do with the other if we possibly had twins.

Walking over to the door to exit, I opened the door and turned back at her. "If you don't want another child.

I will take matters into my own hands and make another. Whether you like the outcome or not.

If you said you don't know what to tell me if I'm not fully happy. When I have another child and you're not happy, I won't know what to tell you". With that, I left out the door.

Nora

As soon as he shut the door, I started crying. I just wanted to sleep and now I have to deal with this. I really wish I didn't get married so early. Now he'll probably cheat on me. No he probably won't, he will cheat on me.

He didn't say it but it's not hard to read between the lines.

Why can't he understand that Eliza and him are enough. Why is it not enough for him?