5 - Beach Amigos

My sleep came to a startling end as my face was assaulted by cold and wet. I jolted awake with a sudden gasp and violently sat upright in the bed. My nerves had shot through the roof in a panic, convinced I was under threat of dying right that very instant.

"Morning, Trouble," Gabriel snickered at me from kneeling on the side off the bed. His hands were wielding a plain spray bottle, and it was pointed at me.

"Gabriel!" I squeaked as tremors shook me. Was he trying to give me a heart attack? Because he very nearly succeeded. "Meanie! That was cruel!"

Gabriel's smirk was unrepentant as he placed his hands on my shoulders to maneuver me around for my back to face him. The spray bottle squirted a fine mist of water over my hair, and his deft fingers loosely combed it into my locks. "We should have done this last night, but you were out like a fucking light."

The water was cold against my scalp, shoulders, and the back of my neck. I failed at holding back my shivers. "Done what?" I asked.

"Washed and braided your hair, but we can short cut it now." He dropped the spray bottle over my shoulder so it plopped into my lap, then he separated my hair into plaits and deftly weaved them together, all the way from my hairline at my forehead to the very tips of my strands. He worked quickly, and in only a few minutes, my hair was in a pair of slightly damp french braids and slung over my shoulders. A smack landed on my thigh. "Go get a quick shower, but don't get your hair wet."

Confused as to why we had to braid my hair so early, I did as I was instructed. Instead of a shower, I quickly drew a bath, scrubbing myself down and shaving my legs before the tub managed to fill. I dressed myself comfortably in a cotton skirt and loose t-shirt, already mindful to keep from extra clothing lines to imprint on my skin before the second half of the photo shoot.

Nathan handed me a breakfast sandwich he made and one of the bottled iced coffees as Gabriel and I ran out the door to meet Kota pulling up into the driveway.

"Bye, Honey!" I called over my shoulder, wishing I had a moment of spare time to give him a hug before I left.

"Knock 'em dead, Cowgirl!" Nathan said back to me. My face lifted into a grin as I jogged to the driveway, remembering yesterday with Silas, Nathan, and Victor in front of the camera. Yeah, it was exhausting and awkward, but now that day was behind me, I realized it was more fun than I gave it credit for. I had to remember to ask if I was able to see the pictures at some point and if I could keep a few copies. Waiting for the books to be released seemed to be too long to wait, and I wanted to see how the camera managed to capture the boys. They were stunning in real life; I could only imagine how blindingly gorgeous they would be in a professional photograph.

Gabriel opened the front passenger door for me then crawled into the back seat. As soon as Gabriel closed his door and started on his seatbelt, my own belt clicked into place and Kota started backing his car out to drive back to the studio.

"Are you looking forward to today, Sang?" Kota asked me with his eyes devoted to the road. I noticed he wore a loose t-shirt and comfortable jeans.

I smiled and nodded at him. "I'm excited, and hopefully today I will have a better clue to what I need to do."