Chapter 6

Your POV

"So Mr. Tsuchigomori, what can you tell me about my book and anything related to my past?" I asked with enthusiasm and anticipation for what he could tell me.

He grabbed the book from my hands to examine the contents that were held inside. He seemed intimidated, but also determined to figure out the reason for the gray cover.

"I'll be honest, I've only seen something like this one other time in my whole career as a bookkeeper." Tsuchigomori began to explain to us.

"I can recall a few things I remember writing down when I did some research long ago. Just in case another occasion like this were to occur." He spoke to the rest of the group. He made his way over to a desk along the next hall. It looked like he was searching for something inside the main compartment. He then pulled out an old, brown covered book that had seen better days.

"My research journal should have the answers we're looking for." He said while opening up the journal to scan through the pages.

"The outside cover is gray, but there's a reason behind this phenomenon. According to the information I was able to gather from the last book, it means that you are somewhere in the middle of life and death. Now, you mentioned how you've lost all your past memories, correct?" He asked me for clarification.

"That is right, sir." I spoke back to him with professionalism in my voice.

"Then this means that you must've been stuck in a void area, because you may have had some unfinished business. If you don't mind me asking, what is your unfinished business?" Tsuchigomori asked me to understand my situation a little bit better.

"I believe my purpose here is to find out how I died. I went back in time to this period to see if I could figure out what happened. So far, I haven't come across anything that I would consider to be important information. That's why we're here. Also, my soul will not be able to rest until I discover this missing part of myself." I said with desperation laced in my tone.

"I see... well in that case you're in luck. I can tell you all I know about your book." He replied with empathy.

He walked himself over in my direction to retrieve my book for inspection.

I could tell he was studying all the contents that were current and I think he even glanced over my future. He then closed the book and handed it over to me.

"Based on what I could find, there isn't much information to go on. This current time for you now is the present and the beginning is all faded and blank. I can only conclude that this means that your past is now the present in your book. However, I can tell you that going back in time has prevented the book's other events from being read too far into the future. You'll have to discover your past on your own. You clearly stated your deal is that you have to find it and no one else. That's all I can really say at this time." He concluded his theory to everyone before pushing up his glasses as an attempt to look smart.

I just looked at him with disappointment, but his theory makes sense. It would also explain why the beginning of the book is blank, since I'm technically in the present from my past life.

"Oh well, thanks for your help Mr. Tsuchigomori. I really appreciate the time and effort you put into possibly solving my case." I graciously replied with gratitude.

"It's not a problem. If you ever feel like you need someone to talk to, then come find me and we'll discuss anything on your mind." He proposed his help once again, probably to make me feel better.

"Thank you, I'll keep it in mind. Also, I have one more request..."I said to get his attention.

"May I keep my book? I promise that nothing will happen to it! I just want to see if any new information comes from it while I'm here." I asked him with a pleading look in my eyes.