Chapter 2

Judd sat in his truck waiting to see if Addie would come to her dad's place like she said she would. He knew she wouldn't considering he could tell she was lying from the jump. A part of him wanted her to prove him wrong.

After giving up hours later, Judd went to work.
"Hey Juddy." Tommy waved. "What's up T."
As Judd passed by her Tommy she knew something was off. She grabbed his arm and pulled him towards her. "What's wrong Ryder?" She asked. "It's Addie. I get the feeling that she's lying about what happened at that fire. Also, she lied to my face about going to my Uncles place." He explained.
"You think she started the fire?"
"No. I think she knows you did."

The firehouse was slow today, making everyone take advantage of the free time they had. Marjan, Paul, Probie, and TK did a few workouts together. Tommy and Cap was in their office shifting through paperwork and Nancy was sitting on the couch reading a book. Judd laid on his bed staring at the ceiling. His phone started to ring interrupting his thoughts. It was Grace checking to see how he was doing.

Paul fixed lunch for everyone. They all sat down together and started eating. Two people walked in the kitchen, one of those faces being a familiar one. "I'm sorry to interrupt, but I thought I'd spare this one since she's a family member of yours Judd." Carlos said. Carlos had Addie handcuffed and had his hand on her arm.

"What did she do?" Judd asked as he stood up. "Caught her trying to steal a car."
Judd's face had turned slightly red.
"I needed a ride." Addie mumbled.
"So you decide to steal one!" Judd yelled. He closed is eyes and took deep breaths. "Carlos, are you charging her?"
Carlos undid the handcuffs "Not this time." He excused himself and went back to work. Addie leaned back on the counter with her arms crossed. The room had an awkward silence to it. Judd paced back and forth. "Stay here! Don't move." He told Addie.

Judd walked upstairs. He punched the hell out of punching bag. He took a few moments to compose himself and then he walked back downstairs. Addie still stood in the same spot. A knife could cut the tension in the room. Judd grabbed his plate from the table and washes his plate.
"I guess you can listen after all." He snapped.
"I-.." Addie was interrupted by sirens going off.
Judd demanded Addie stay at the firehouse til he got back from the call.

While on the call Judd did what he had to do but mostly kept quiet and to himself. Paul, Mateo, and Marjan tried to make jokes to lighten the mood.
"At some point you gotta talk." Cap said to Judd.
"Right now is not that point."
"That's considered talking." Mateo pointed out.
"What?" Judd asked.
"You answered Cap. That's talking."
Judd couldn't help but smile. Mateo did make a point.
"Well Smarty Pants, I'll talk to my cousin when I have cooled down.

As they arrived back at the firehouse Addie was sitting outside against the wall. Leaving the firehouse against Judd's demands was tempting, but she could tell she'd pissed him off enough for today. She knew cousin's temper was worse than hers. Judd hopped out of the fire truck and walked over to Addie. He sat down beside her without saying a word. Moments of silence passed before Judd gave in. "You hungry?" Judd asked. "I could eat."
They both got up and went into the firehouse. Judd fixed Addie a plate and sat down across from her.

The rest of his  24 hour shift Judd and Addie didn't speak and only  exchanged glances here and there. Addie stayed on the couch watching tv until she fell asleep. Sometime during the night a hand covered Addies mouth and two sets of hands grabbed her arms.
"Don't you dare scream." A woman's voice advised.
They drug Addie outside of the firehouse making sure no one heard them. Addie stood with her back against the bricks.
"First and foremost a proper introduction. I'm Paul. This is Marjan and that's Probie."
"You can call me Mateo."
"What do y'all want?" Addie asked as she straighten her shirt.
Paul, Marjan, and Mateo all talked to Addie with their concerns before heading back inside and going to bed.  Addie stayed outside before deciding to leave the firehouse. Leaving would definitely piss Judd off even more, however in her mind it was for the best.

Time had come for Judd to go home.
"Has anyone seen Addie?" Judd questioned.
"Not since last night." The group said.
"I'm going to kill her when I get my hands on her." Judd said to himself as he heading out of the firehouse. He went by his Uncle's place to see if she was there. No sign of her. He called Grace to inform her he would be home late. He drove down many streets before giving up and going home.

He walked in his house and sat down at the kitchen table. Grace walked in from the bedroom. "Hey babe.  Did you find her?"
"No, I didn't."
"We will keep looking. We can't give up."
Judd and Grace fixed dinner then watched a couple of movies before heading to bed.

That morning Grace and Judd both got ready to go search for Addie. Judd called  Tommy asking for her help.  A knock on their door stopped them in their tracks. "Maybe that's her." Judd said. He opened the door and there stood everyone from the firehouse.
"We came to help." Paul said.
"Thank you. It means a lot." Grace replied.
Everyone searched in areas they were given. No one had any luck on spotting her. They drove down street after street even stopping to ask someone have their seen her. Eventually everyone called it a day suspending the search for Addie.

Grace and Judd was sitting at their table talking about how to deal with the situation.
"Grace, I don't know what to do. I don't even know what to say to her."
"I will say this. When we do find her, she can stay here."
"Are you sure about that?" Judd asked.
"Yes, matter of fact when we do find her I'll talk to her." Grace replied.
"All your talks helped me so why not." Judd smiled.
Grace's phone started ringing. She answered it, talked to the person on the other end then ended the phone call.

"What?" Judd wondered.
"Carlos picked up Addie. He has her down at the station."