2. don't say I never gave you anything

At dinner there was a buffe at the local fish restaurant. All you can eat shrimp. I'm here for it. "A table for 5, please" My dad said to the hostess. She smiled at us and started looking for a table on her iPad. "Sadly, we do not have a private table available right now" I could already mentally hear the irritation from my parents. "However, we do have spots on a shared table along with another party, do you mind sharing a table?" Quick to save the situation from a annoyed mum my dad agreed. The hostess nodded and lead us to a large table in the back.

Oh god. Please don't. At the table a large family was sitting. But all I could see was him. He was there. With his dark curled hair and strong jawline that made me feel all sorts of things. My sister pushed me, and I quickly snapped out of my daydreaming. Fuck, we're actually sharing a table with them. I gazed over the chairs as my family got seated. The only free chair obviously enough being right across from him...

"Switch seats with me, Elle please" I tried to beg my sister. She stared up at me and pointed her tounge out. Oh god. I unwillingly sat down quickly. My hands were so sweaty. We're doomed for disaster. While waiting for our drinks the talk was going on light around the table between my family and his.

"We better introduce ourselves!" My dad said to us and stood up. "My name is John, and this is my wife Olivia. Our kids, Elle, Louise and Marie" He said and pointed over to all of us. This was mortifying. So awkward. I hid my face by looking down to avoid eye-contact with anyone. Everyone greeted each other and laughed awkawardly. Jacks father stood up and shook my dads hand. "How lovely to meet y'all! These are my sons Will and Jackson" The boys laughed and punched their dad playfully. I looked at Jack as he joked with his father. He was so goregus. Effortlessly goregus. Our dads switched seats so that they would be seated next to each other. The conversation quickly turned into a competition on whos baseballs teams the best.

This was my que, "I'm gonna go check out the food, wanna come?" I said to my sisters. "I'll race you Louise!" They quickly ran off to the buffe. I followed along.

Crabs, lobster, fish-fry, shrimp and you name it. This buffet was stocked with all of my favorite foods. Where did I start? Grabbing a plate, I placed myself in the line for the seafood. Behind me I suddenly heard someone speaking "So how awkward was that from 1-10?" Oh god.

I turned around to see his face with the curls dangling in front of his eyes. I had to say something. "Off the charts if you ask me" I answered even more awkward than our parent's conversation. He laughed and followed after me as I scooped some shrimp up on my plate.                     "Jeez save some for the rest of us Louise"

Jack teased and pushed me. I really don't think he recognizes me from middle school. "Louise is my sister, the one over there with the breadrolls, i'm Marie, but you would know that if you payed attention" I spat back at him. He laughed again

"Trust me, I'll pay attention from now on" and held up his pinky finger. I lifted an eyebrow "Seriously? Not even my sisters do pinky promises anymore" he looked disappointed as I scolded him. "Coooome on!! Just do it so I can stop feeling bad about mixing up your names!" He was practically begging at this point jesus. Unwillingly I grabbed his pinky.

"Don't say I never gave you anything" I said to him as our fingers touched. He pulled my finger to him "So you're a girl pulling a Nathan scott on me? Creative" He watched one tree hill. My mind went a thousand places. I smiled at him at quickly walked back to the table alone. He really watched one tree hill, and I thought he couldn't get more perfect. As long as he don't know about middle school I think we're good for the rest of the night, at least so I thougt.