Chapter 23

•Nolani•

I tug a sports bra over my head and by the time it's covering my breasts I'm out of breath. I lean against the wall panting, rubbing a hand down my bare stomach. The bump so round now that I can't see my feet anymore. Six months pregnant and I feel huge, big enough my maternity clothes fit very well and I laugh at the thought of ever fitting in my prebaby clothes again. Getting dressed is a sport now, it takes way more endurance and energy than I have to give. And no one told me I'd constantly be so short of breath, it feels like I'm always trying to catch my breath it's crazy.

My pregnancy has went well so far except recently I've been spotting off and on. I thought Giovanni was going to have a heart attack when he met Angelo and I at Dr Gellar's office a few days ago, It's the first time I've ever seen him scared. Dr. Gellar checked me out and said I have placenta previa but only marginally so he's hopeful it will correct itself. I had no idea it was even a thing but he said it's more common with twin pregnancies. It's where the placenta covers the cervix but because mine is marginal it doesn't fully cover my cervix and usually fixes itself. If it doesn't resolve on its own I'll end up having a c-section. He told me to take it easy, try not to over exert myself and rest when I can. Ever since then Giovanni has been watching over me like a hawk, he hardly lets me out of his sight and has even resorted to bringing whatever business he's doing to his office here at the house. When he isn't watching over me it's Angelo.

I grab my leggings off the bed and take a seat on the mattress. I huff and puff until both feet are in the pant legs and then I stand, tugging the tight fabric up my legs.

"Ow... shit." I curse as I stub my toe on the bed in the process.

"What's wrong?" Angelo asks in alarm as he barges in the room.

Speak of the devil, or should I say the devils minion.

"I stubbed my toe, I'm fine." I huff as I finally tug my leggings up over my stomach.

He immediately turns around and gives me his back as if I'm naked. "I apologize. Mr. DeLuca was clear with his instructions, If I'm worried about you I have to check on you immediately."

"It's fine."

Angelo gives a nod with his back still facing me as he quickly exits my room and shuts the door behind him. I grab my phone, take a quick selfie and instead of editing it to death I post it straight to social media and tag the designer that sent it. This set is the most comfortable legging and sports bra combo I've ever worn, they deserve the recognition. The comments start immediately, it's crazy how fast my followers see my posts. Every time I post anything most of the comments are people begging for more pictures of Giovanni and I. I can only imagine the look he would give me if I asked so I haven't. 

I walk through the house replying to comments as I make my way to the kitchen where Giovanni is seated at the table.

"Hello." I mutter to Giovanni, sitting my phone on the table and grabbing a glass from the cabinet.

"I think the twins have grown since I saw you this morning." He replies and I shoot him a glare over my shoulder as I fill my glass with water. His lips quirk playfully, not quite a smile but a sign that he's in a good mood.

"I'm not in the mood for comments about the size of my stomach." I snap grumpily.

My hormones have made my patience extremely thin and as proud as I am of my body for growing my babies I'm still slightly insecure of the size of my stomach. Jade got so mad when I admitted that to her, she told me I looked beautiful but I just... I feel weird, like my body isn't mine anymore.