2. Brother

Naruto

Sasuke seemed to have a lot going on in his mind when I broke his fall.

There was definitely something bothering him, because this close, I could feel his heartbeat, and it was erratic.

His hands gripped my arms to steady himself. They felt soft, comfortable. And they trembled slightly.

"Whoah there, be careful. In fact, this isn't like you, tell me what's wrong?"

The question seemed to spring the male into action. He pushed away from me so vigorously I was a little taken aback.

Looking to him, his usually pale face was a very pink shade, just like the tips of his ears. There was no way Sasuke Uchiha was embarrassed of such a tiny act.

"Are you sick?" I asked him.

"Not exactly," he replied immediately, moving restlessly like he was crazy. "Just feeling a little light headed."

I nodded then went ahead to pull on my clothes, not caring that he was in the room.

"Do that in the bathroom or something Naruto, for fuck's sake."

"Why? Is Sasuke-chan shy?" I teased.

I still don't remember how exactly I know it, but I know he likes it when I call him that.

He went ahead to ignore me and avoid my gaze. The pink tinge on his ears very much visible.

"Where are you going? What mission?" He asked. I could hear the bit of sadness in his voice.

"I've got to finish up my training with that pervert Jiraiya," I chuckled.

"And konoha isn't big enough for you guys to practice huh?" Sasuke asked.

I was suddenly walking towards him, and I didn't even know how. Only that I'd suddenly locked him in my arms.

"I'm going to become stronger, so that I can always protect you. There's no need to worry," the back of my thumb brushed against his cheek. Was he leaning into my touch?

He squirmed so much, his pale and delicate looking skin contrasting with my darker one.

There are times like these when I can't really control myself and I don't know what I'm doing. Or why I'm doing it.

"I can protect myself," he pushed me away again.

Of course I knew that, better than anyone. Sasuke was strong. I still couldn't help but want to protect him.

"I know that, but I'll still kill anyone who dares to touch you. You're like my brother," I say.

He replied immediately. "I'm not your fucking brother."

He seemed genuinely pissed off so I let it go.

"There's something I need to tell you when I'm back," I said, shocking even myself.

Sasuke kept his cool demeanor and looked at me, still not meeting my eyes. "What?" He asked rudely.

"You'll have to treat me to Ichiraku's ramen when I'm back," I smiled at him like I had just done something evil.

"Stop smiling so much, you look stupid," he answered.

I ignored the jab because I knew I probably always looked stupid to him anyway. "Is that a yes?"

"Maybe," he said looking so cool. "Is it a date?"

I played cool even if I didn't expect it. "Depends," I walked towards him. "Do you want it to be a date?"