𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗠𝗘𝗦𝗦𝗘𝗡𝗚𝗘𝗥

𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗠𝗘𝗦𝗦𝗘𝗡𝗚𝗘𝗥
A ᴍᴇssᴇɴɢᴇʀ; Sᴇʀᴠᴀɴᴛ ᴏғ Aɢᴀᴍᴇᴍɴᴏɴ

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗠𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗲𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗿:
𝐵𝑢𝑡, 𝐴𝑐ℎ𝑖𝑙𝑙𝑒𝑠, 𝑠𝑖𝑟.
𝑊ℎ𝑒𝑛 ℎ𝑒 ℎ𝑎𝑠 𝑑𝑖𝑠𝑐𝑜𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 ℎ𝑒 ℎ𝑎𝑠 𝑙𝑜𝑠𝑡 ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑏𝑟𝑖𝑑𝑒,
𝐻𝑖𝑠 𝑟𝑎𝑔𝑒 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑚𝑎𝑘𝑒 ℎ𝑖𝑚 𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 ℎ𝑜𝑠𝑡.

 𝑊ℎ𝑒𝑛 ℎ𝑒 ℎ𝑎𝑠 𝑑𝑖𝑠𝑐𝑜𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 ℎ𝑒 ℎ𝑎𝑠 𝑙𝑜𝑠𝑡 ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑏𝑟𝑖𝑑𝑒,𝐻𝑖𝑠 𝑟𝑎𝑔𝑒 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑚𝑎𝑘𝑒 ℎ𝑖𝑚 𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 ℎ𝑜𝑠𝑡

Dearest Thalia,

Hi. This is Genia from around 2009. I'm not sure when you'll see this letter. We're still on the run, you and I, but we've just picked up a couple add-ons. You're sleeping next to me as I write this, and Luke is off gathering food for tomorrow, I think. Annabeth is on the other side of the campfire, reading or sleeping on her book, I'm not sure.

I'm happy now, but I know it's not safe. There are parts of me that want to just drop Luke and Annabeth at Camp, and keep traveling the country with you, but I know neither of us would be able to just leave them behind like that. They're too good to deserve that. Maybe we could visit?

This isn't why I'm writing this letter. I'm pretty sure my mom will make sure it gets to you, and make sure you'll be able to read it. I'm writing to make sure you understand why I did this.

Hal was right. He said I'd die. He made sure I was aware that I'd end up like the original Iphigenia. And for that, I am eternally grateful. I doubt he'll actually make it into Elysium-- maybe Asphodel-- but maybe I'll see him and I'll be able to thank him.

Without his warning, I don't think I'd be prepared to die. I was willing, but not prepared.

But now I've had time to come to terms with it. I'm willing to die for you, and I have been since I met you.

You are my everything, Thalia. I owe my life to you, I owe my happiness, my health. You are the reason I was able to find peace after my father's death, after Carver. You shaped me into who I am today in a way that nothing, nobody, else could. You are the reason I keep living.

And you surviving is worth death.

You're reading this after I'm dead. You're mourning. And I cannot apologize enough for that. But know this: I would do it again. I would do it as many times as I needed to make sure you are safe and happy.

And I'd do it for Annabeth. And Luke.

You guys gave me people to protect, a family to protect. You guys are my second chance.

Thalia, I will never forget you. I will love you forever, past my death, and I will meet you at Elysium.

Stay alive for me, as long as you can.

I love you, forever and always,

Genia Reginatto