𝟭𝟳. 𝘁𝗿𝗲𝗲𝗵𝗼𝘂𝘀𝗲

𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐮𝐚 𝐱 𝐧𝐨𝐧𝐛𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝! 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫

greed island! au

! ooc killua !

KILLUA POV

the bomber group. i was assigned ... who was it again ... oh right. the redhead. i don't know his name, but i don't exactly need to. all i know is that i knocked him out in this meadow.

wait ... was i supposed to bring him back? oh lord. was it? was i not?

i shrug before tossing him over my shoulder. better safe than sorry, right? that's something gon would say.

i start walking through the forest, when a sudden thought hits me. i don't have anymore teleportation cards, do i? so that means ... i'll have to walk there. with a person slung over my back.

i growl to myself, throwing the bomber to the floor. he grunts and i kick his head with enough power to knock him out again.

"is that nice?" i hear someone ask. i turn and see a person around my age.

"no," i respond simply.

"alright. he must've done something, then." they shrug. "welp, not my problem." they turn around and walk over to a tree before starting to climb it.

my eyes widen in surprise, though. because when i moved closer, i saw that they were climbing air.

"how ... how are you doing that?" i ask, perturbed and confused.

"doing what?" they ask.

"climbing the tree. you're not touching it."

"oh! haha," they giggle. "it's a rope. a rope ladder that leads to my treehouse. say, can you see my treehouse?"

i grab my yo-yo and tie the bomber to a tree before going over to them. looking up, my eyes search the blooming trees before falling upon a large, wooden, irregularly shaped box. "i can," i tell them confidently.

their eyes widen. "really?"

i nod. "why?"

they collapse onto the floor, eyes shining as they look up into the sky. i raise an eyebrow when suddenly, they turn to me. their eyes shift from shining with excitement to fear. "you've got to help me," they whisper. "you've got to, you've got to, you've got to."

a feeling of fear overtakes me at that moment and i fall to the floor. grabbing them, i sit them up against a tree. i wrap my hands around their small ones as a comforting aura comes over me. usually, i hate children, but for some reason, i felt like i had to protect this one.

"what's wrong?" i ask.

"mommy ..." they sniffle. "mommy and daddy left me here. they ... they promised me that they would come back. but they never did."

i sit up, angry. how could parents do this to a young child? their young child! outrageous. completely disgusting. at least his parents had kept him instead of throwing him out into the world and abandoning him.

"it's okay," i attempt to soothe them. "what's your name?"

"y/n," they sob.

"hey, hey. it'll be alright. i'm killua.

"also, why were you surprised when i could see your treehouse?"

"t-they told me that they'd come back for me and i'd be able to leave when someone could see my invisible treehouse. t-they didn't care a-about the rope, though."

"ah. alright. i see. well, c'mon." i stand up and reach out my hand to the child i felt like i had to protect. "i'll save you, mhm? how do you feel about me saving you, y/n?"

they look up with amazement in their eyes. "really? you'd do that for me, mister killua?"

"killua's just fine," i reassure them. "now let's go."