Lynn

For sparksfly99.

Name; Lynn

Pronouciation; lyn(n) / ly-nn

Gender; Unisex, but mainly used as a girl's name.

Origin; Of Germanic, Welsh, and ?Hebrew origin.

Meaning; Welsh; Lake. Germanic; Weak, Soft, Gentle, Friendly; Snake. Hebrew; of Magdala. Italian; Beautiful.

Have I used this name or do I plan to? Not at this moment in time.

Other Information; ynn is an English and German familiar form of the Czech, Dutch, English, Italian, Scandinavian, Spanish, African, and German Linda.

Lynn is also an English form of the Czech, Dutch, English, German, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Scandinavian, Slavic, and Spanish Magdalena.

 Lynn is unusual as a baby girl name. Its usage peaked modestly in 1956 with 0.376% of baby girls being named Lynn. It was #58 in rank then. The baby name has fallen out of favor since then, and is used only on a very light scale now. Among the family of girl names directly related to Lynn, Ashlyn was the most frequently used in 2010. Although Lynn is today more frequently used for baby girls, there was a period prior to 1941 when more boys were given the name. After 1942, increasingly the name became more popular with baby girls than with boys. In 1986, 6 times more baby girls than boys were given the name Lynn.

Variations; Lynn has 23 forms that are used in both English and foreign languages. English forms of the name include Linell, Linelle, Linley, Linne, Linnell, Lynae, Lyndel, Lyndell, Lyndelle, Lynell, Lynelle, Lynlee, Lynley, Lynna, Lynnea, Lynnelle, and Lynnette. Other English forms include the familiar forms Linette and Lynette, and the spelling variants Lin, Linn (also used in German), Lyn (also used in German), and Lynne (also used in German). The Spanish Lina is a form of Lynn that is used in foreign languages.

See also the related forms, the name Amber-Lynn, the English Ashlyn, the English Braelyn, the English Brooklyn, the English Gracelyn, the name Jadelyn, the English Jaelyn, the name Jaimilynn, the English Jamie Lynn, the English Jamilynn, the English Jaylyn, the English Jazlyn, the English Jennilyn, the English Jerilyn, the English Jessalyn, the name Jocelyn, the English Jodilynn, the English Johnnielynn, the name Kadelyn, the English Kaelyn, the name Kamalynn, the name Kaylyn, the name Kendellyn, the English Kristalynn, the English Lauralynn, the name Maitlyn, the name Maylyn, the English Merilyn, the English Saralynn, the name Shalyn, and the English Sherilyn.

Baby names that sound like Lynn include the English and German Linn, the English Linne, the English and German Lyn, the English Lynae, the English and German Lynne, the name Laen, the name Laene, the English and French Laine, the name Lalayn, the name Lalayne, the Chinese and English Lan, the English Lane, the name Lann, the name Lanne, the name Layn, the name Layne, the English Lean, the English Leane, the Dutch Leen, and the name Llon.

Famous People; A famous person named Lynn is Cartoonist, Lynn Johnston, born 28 May 1947, Collingwood, Ontario, Canada.

What are your thoughts on this name?