CHAPTER 24

Hey guys, amidst of exams and studying, I managed to get a chapter done. And it's Liam's POV😁

-----

Today at my therapy session, I confessed that I can't say those three words without having a panic attack. It was completely unplanned, but I'm glad I at least blurted it out. And Dr. May felt like this is important info.

For the first time in last few sessions, I wasn't shaking like a leaf when I left with my dad. And that does count as an improvement right?

I tell Zayn to meet me at the bench by the park and Baymax helps me with leading me the way. I know there is a road ahead and I'm hesitant to let Baymax cross it and pull me along. I hope the vehicles stop and let me way.

"Hey, do you need help crossing the road?" I hear someone ask me and the voice is weirdly familiar.

"Yeah" I nod, feeling so grateful for the person.

"Here, take my hand" er. I feel a warm, rough hand grab my hand and Baymax barks at the person.

"Baymax, be silent" I hush him as the guy tugs me along the pathway and I hear few brakes being hit by my right side.

"Thank you" I tell the person when I'm sure we have crossed the road. Will he please let go of my hand?

"Hey, Liam. You don't remember me?" He questions and I frown, having the urge to rip my hand away.

"I don't" I admit, but he sounds familiar.

"I'm Patrick. Remember me now?"

Shit.

Fuck shit.

"Hey-Hi, Patrick" I successfully take my hand back. Shit, if Zayn sees me with him, he is going to be so pissed.

"Hello" I hear the smile in his voice "You are headed to the park, right?"

I have complete intentions to say no and head back home. But Zayn will coming and I don't even have a phone to let him know not to come.

"Yeah" I sigh, tightening my grip on Baymax's leash when he tries to drag me away from Patrick. And he is still barking.

"My family is having a picnic there" Patrick tells me "I saw you waiting to cross the road so I came over to help"

"Oh" I nod "Thanks"

"Don't mention it" Patrick responds "Come on"

Instead of grabbing my hand, he takes my elbow and leads me somewhere.

"Patrick" I try to stop him "Where are we going?"

"My family is curious" he explains "And they need to know who you are"

"Patrick, no" I try to dig my feet into the ground to stop him "I don't think that's a good idea."

"Just as a friend, Liam" he assures "By the way, are you still with your boyfriend? What was his name again?"

"Zayn" I tell him. Oh god, what if he is here and watching me and Patrick? He is going to be so mad.

"Yeah, Zayn" I hear Patrick say, and he must be nodding "Does he treat you well?"

What the fuck?

"He treats me like a prince" I nothing but snap "He loves me very much"

"Whoa, I was just concerned" he says apologetically "He looked ready to murder me the other day, so I was wondering if he treats you harshly as well"

"If you hadn't back off, I'm pretty sure he would have punched you" I chuckle. "Be careful"

"Ow, I'm shaking in my knees" he mutters "Guys, meet my friend Liam"