Epilogue

The men decide to take the boys for a walk up the local hills on the next sunny weekend. Zayn and Harry walk hand in hand behind their three boys, smiling and shaking their heads when Liam begins to chase the younger two, sweeping Louis up and making Niall run so hard that he tumbled over only to get up and start running again, laughing all the way.

Things have been going so well recently. Liam's been getting incredible grades at school, Niall's started sleeping in his own bed for a few nights every week, Louis' bubbly little personality only seems to be blooming more with each passing day.

They feel so complete, the five of them together. Their little puzzle of a family was missing a piece for so long and now he's back again...things aren't perfect, but they're as close as they can be. And it's wonderful.

Every time they hear one of their boys laugh, or when they find one of the boys sleeping in the others bed, or when they see them care for each other - it's just breathtaking because they raised these three beautiful, kind, loving boys and that's the greatest achievement either of them will ever have.

When they get to the peak of the hill that they're on, Zayn sets down a blanket and Harry unpacks his rucksack full of food. The five of them sit down, the view over their town a calming one, being so far away from the hustle and bustle of vehicles and overcrowded streets.

Looking down at how small home is when they're all the way up here, it's easy to realise that the world is so vast in comparison to what little they know of it - and yet everything they could ever need is within arms reach. Their missing piece is back home with them,their puzzle is complete, and their future has never been so bright.

fin.