Chapter 3: Lost Girl

Above is a reference as to what Minako will be wearing for the rest of the prologue chapters

Prepare for a very long chapter and a lot of POV switching.

When you see an asterisk (*), there will information about a topic that appears within the story and will be explained in the author's notes at the end of the chapter.

◐ ━━━━━ ºoº Minako ºoº ━━━━━ ◑

Ignorance was torture and never bliss to Minako. There was another wave of pain in her body that knocked her down to her knees. She was sick with apprehension. Literally. Up until now, she's been trying to crush down her negativity, but it all came pouring out. She cried out her frustrations even though she knew she's not allowed to for the sake of her health.

Crowley pulled her up from the floor after she collapsed. He jumped back once he got a good look at her horrid state.

"Ms. Nezumi... your face." Crowley's voice was low, opposite to the dramatics he displayed during the ceremony.

"I-I know. That's why I have to get back home." Minako sniffled. She was used to this kind of reaction whenever people see the black, vein-like markings take shape. The curse marks quickly spreading to her pale cheeks and burning her skin.

"But the Mirror said that it does not exist. Where exactly do you live?" Crowley politely offered her a hanky for her tears.

"I... I live in a city called London, it's in England. B-but I remember being at my school last... It's in Scotland," said Minako, dabbing away the tears and ruined mascara from her face.

"I know where all of my students came from, but I know not of the places you speak of," Crowley admitted

"I know where all of my students came from, but I know not of the places you speak of," Crowley admitted. "However, we do have a vast amount of knowledge in our library. We may be able to find information about your home there."

He led her out of the chamber and into the dim corridors of the school, giving her a little time to compose herself. The library was not too far. Inside, it was filled with towering shelves, but what was most odd to her was that some of the books weren't even on the shelves. A couple of books were suspended in the air. Back at Hogwarts, floating books usually meant that someone, most likely Kento, was pulling a prank.

Minako took care to dodge the floating books that drifted by her head. Crowley motioned over a set of books and maps from the shelves with a wave of his key-shaped staff that set themselves down on a table. One book remained hovering and flipped itself open for reading.

"Have a seat," said Crowley.

Crowley kept questioning her every few seconds, hanging on the tiniest clues they could find on England or Scotland. They've been at this for who knows how long. The shelves were nearly stripped bare and not a single speck of ink spelled out her home in the maps or even in history. She's leafed through every atlas. All of them were filled with names she didn't recognize and shapes of land not found on Earth. At the very least, she knew where this school was located: the Sage's Island apparently.