Chapter 3: Corridors and Quidditch

~~☆☾❀ -Third POV- ❀☾☆~~

Harry, Ron, and Y/n are walking on one of the moving staircases to the Gryffindor common room. Hermione was walking in front of them.

"I'm telling you, it's spooky. She knows more about you than you do."

"Who doesn't?"

"She's smart, you need to stop being so mean to her, Ron."

The staircase shudders and begins to move. The four grab the railings. "Ahh!"

Hermione gasps.

"What's happening?" Harry asked frantically.

"The staircases change, remember?" Y/n reminded him. The staircase stops, leading to a corridor.

"Let's go this way." Harry says motioning to the corridor.

"Before the staircase moves again." Ron agrees. Hermione and Y/n follow them.

The boys open a door and we walk into a spooky, dark, and deserted corridor.

"Does anyone feel like... we shouldn't be here?"

"That's because we're not supposed to be here." Y/n looks around nervously.

"This is the 3rd floor." Hermione points out.

"It's forbidden."

Suddenly, a flame lights on a tall stone support. At that moment, Filch's cat, Mrs. Norris, comes running in and meows. They jumped.

"Let's go." Mrs. Norris meows.

"It's Filch's cat!"

"Run!"

They run through the corridor, flames are lit up on the stone supports, one by one, as they run past. They get to the end of the corridor, to a door.

"Quick! Let's hide through that door!" Harry grabs the handle, but it's locked. "It's locked!"

"That's it, we're done for!" Ron gives up.

"Oh, move over!' Hermione pushes through the boys and pulls out her wand, aiming it at the lock, "Alohomora." The door's lock lifts up magically and it opens. "Get in.

"Alohomora?"

"Standard book of spells, Chapter 7." Y/n explained once they were all in the room.

Filch arrives at the start of the corridor with a light. Mrs. Norris looks at him.

"Anyone here, my sweet?" Mrs. Norris meows. "Come on." They leave the corridor.

"Filch is gone." Y/n whispers.

"Probably thinks this door's locked."

"It was locked."

"And for good reason." Ron, Hermione, and Y/n turn to stand with Harry. There is a massively huge three headed dog sleeping in front of them. The dog begins to wake. It growls, yawns, and growls more... noticing the intruders.

"AHHHHH!" Harry grabs Y/n's hand and the four bolt, running out of the door. They turn quickly to shut the door and battle against the dog. They get the door shut and run.

They return to the Gryffindor Common Room. They are breathless.

"What do they think they're doing?? Keeping a thing like that locked up in a school." Ron says as we were walking to the stairs.

"You don't use your eyes, do you? Didn't you see what it was standing on?" Y/n asked Ron.

"I wasn't looking at its feet! I was a bit preoccupied with its heads. Or maybe you didn't notice, there were three!" They begin to climb the stairs to the dorms.

"It was standing on a trap door. Which means it wasn't there by accident. It's guarding something."

"Guarding something?" Harry questions.

"That's right. Now, if you two don't mind, I'm going to bed before either of you come up with another clever idea to get us killed... or worse, expelled!" Hermione turns and leaves, shutting the door to her dormitory.

"She needs to sort out her priorities!"

"And you need to stop being mean to her before I punch you in the face." Y/n says kicking his foot. She turns from the boys and goes into the dorm.

"Come on, Ron."

~~☆☾❀ -Harry's POV- ❀☾☆~~

"Quidditch is easy enough to understand. Each time has seven players, 3 chasers, 2 beaters, 1 keeper, and a seeker. That's you." Oliver says he's training me to be the new seeker. "There are three kinds of balls." He picks up a red one, "this one's called the quaffle. Now, the chasers handle the quaffle and try to put it through one of those three hoops." He points to the hoops in the Quidditch pitch in the distance. "The keeper, that's me, defends the hoops." He throws the ball to me. "With me so far?"

I threw it back, "I think so. What are those?" I point to two squirming chained down balls.

"You better take this." He hands me a small bat. He bends down and releases one ball. With an angry growl, it flies off into the air. We both watch it. "Careful now, it's coming back." The balls come whizzing down, and I hit it with the bat. The ball soars off through a statue, surprisingly without damaging it. "Eh, not bad, Potter, you'd make a fair beater... Uh-oh." The ball zooms down, and Oliver grabs it, wriggling to get it back in the box.

"What is that?" I ask after he succeeds to get the ball under control.

"Bludger. Nasty little buggers. But you are the seeker, and the only thing I want you to worry about is this... the Golden Snitch." He hands me a walnut-sized golden ball.

"I like this ball."

"Ah, you like it now. Just wait. It's wicked fast and damn near impossible to see."

"What do I do with it?"

"You catch it... before the other team's seeker. You catch this, the game is over. You catch this, Potter, and we win." [Well, unless the other team wins]

The ball flutters out two delicate wings and flies into the air. I keep an eye on it. "Whoa."

I return from that experience and enter the common room through the portrait hole. Y/n was sitting in a chair by the fireplace with a book. I walk over to her and fall back onto the couch. "What are you reading?" She tilts the book cover towards me. "Hogwarts: A History?" I say try not to laugh.

"Stop laughing! Hermione's been pestering me about it. It's actually surprisingly interesting. Says here the founders thought boys were less trustworthy than girls." I get up and look at the book, she points to the spot she was reading. I roll my eyes and she tilts her head back laughing. "So, how was practice?"

"Brilliant." I tell her all about how to play quidditch, and about everything. We end up talking together until dinner, when Hermione dragged her off.