Your probably wondering how I ended up in this situation...

Chloe had awoken, unable to sleep and extremely bored. She deduced if the doctor had fallen asleep, she would be free to take the documents and papers he had placed away the hours prior.

Though she felt compelled to explore more of the facility before she came back for the documents.

As she quietly unravelled herself from the plush rug, she slowly stood, expecting him to hear the motion.

She waited. One second...

      Two seconds...

           Three seconds...

Yep, it was safe.

She carefully made her way to the door, slipping out after one last check behind her.

Now, she made her way through the labyrinthine halls opposite the way the doctor had come in with her.

She thought she would likely try to question the others, figuring that the two men she had not spoken to yet could potentially relinquish more information about the location and its research than the American had.

Upon arriving at the ruined entrance doors to the building, the cloudy winter sky dappled sunlight onto the ground below. It seemed early morning chills in the air had remained from the night before.

The facility looked largely different than the night previous, more desolate and quickly abandoned. It reminded her of how lifeless her former home's ruins were.

The circumstances in which the buildings had found themselves in these states had been completely different, however similar.

She found the other two men at the bottom of the automobile garage near the rather heated boiler.

One was half asleep, possibly just recovering from the watch after the American. The more rotund man was heavily asleep as his faint mumbling could be heard.

She quietly, place herself near the one that was less asleep.

Carefully, she whispered loud enough for the man to hear.

"Hey, would you mind answering a few quick questions on the state of the world's economy?"

The man jolted awake, quickly pulling out his pistol, aimed at her head.

She smiled back at the response given by the man; it had been a rare occurrence in the past month that her bizarre comments were met with such jumpy hostility.

Then again, this man did seem quite tired.

As much as she felt sorry for him, she really needed information.

"Hi! You good? Better?"

The man's eyes darted around her face, puzzled.

Lowering the gun, he spoke. "You are the woman who arrived here?"

Nodding she replied "Yes. Exactly." Before she could ask her question, the drunk man from earlier had begun to stir.

He had woken up from a nightmare, loudly exclaiming, "My vodka!", before rummaging around in his cloth bag for the liquid.

Both stared at the unsightly man as he gulped down the contents of the bottle, burping loudly in response to finishing the entire thing.

She heard the man next to her mumble something under his breath aimed at the drunk.

Seeing now that both men were awake and fit - in her eyes - for questioning, she decided to continue where she had left off.

"So, how much can you tell me about this place here?" Using a more upbeat tone when addressing the both of them.