Persephone

PERSEPHONE

Chapter 7

      The day of our wedding had arrived all to quickly. The past seven days had been hard for me to say the least. My heart was still sore from being away from my mother, but the strange feelings I felt for Hades somehow overshadowed that. Since our first proper meeting at the table last week, my need for him had deepened, even though I had only seen him four times since. Love with Gods is different than with mortals, we fall far quicker with our counterparts and when we are matched with this person, our heart reaches out for them and the pull is far greater than any force in existence. And almost completely unbreakable. This was what was happening to me now, and I couldn’t fight that, even if I had wanted to.
      I stood in front of a large mirror, taking in every inch of my reflection. My skin looked the colour of ivory, a stark contrast to my dark mahogany eyes that were fanned by my long dark lashes. My long chestnut hair hang down my back in soft ringlets with tiny intricate pearls laced through. The white dress I wore hugged my body to my waist then flared out to the ground with an adequate train. I had witnessed thousands of weddings before, but I honestly had never saw a more exquisite looking bride.
      We stood together, hand in hand under a great oak in Enna. I looked to Hades and he gave me a reassuring smile. To my left, stood my mother and to Hades right, stood Zeus. Unlike other unions, where almost every God and Goddess would come and witness, we had only two. Hera herself married us and blessed our vows. When it was over, I stood feeling scared, excited and anxious all at the same time, in anticipation of our first kiss. Hades turned me round to him, and ran his fingers down the side of my face, I let my eyes fall closed and tilted my head up for him. His lips touched mine and instantly my lips felt on tingly and hot. I pulled myself closer to him and locked my fingers behind his neck. I was getting lost in the moment when it was Hades who surprised me by breaking the kiss. I opened my eyes in surprise, he had a smirk on his face and his eyes left mine to look over my shoulder, suddenly reminding me that we were not alone. I blushed and let out a nervous laugh, and found it hard to look at my the others that were with us.

      After arriving back in the Underworld I hadn’t really got to see Hades. We had had a celebratory banquet in the palace and I actually got to meet some of the residents of the realm, but after words, we had both retired to separate places to, attend to personal matters. Several Underworld nymphs had taken me to prepare for my husband, bathing, dressing and giving me some womanly advice. Now I stood outside the door to our bedchamber, I had never before seen inside as I had slept in a room of my own until now, as is custom. I knew what was going to happen when I entered that room. We would consummate our marriage. And I was terrified. My hand slowly reached for the door handle and I pushed the door open. The room inside was lit by a thousand candles and a giant four post bed sat proudly in the centre of the room. “You look incredible”, Hades said from the bed. I felt my face grow hot, and was a bit self conscious in the semi transparent silk material I was dressed in. my legs took me no further into the room so Hades made his way over to me. Taking my hand, he walked me over to the bed and gently guided me down. My heart was racing and my hands were shaking. “Don’t fear me Persephone”, he told me, “I only aim to please you”.
“And I you, my husband”, I breathed back.
I closed my eyes and let him kiss m. his hands moved down my side and began to lift my dress up over my head. His lips moved down my neck, through the cleavage of my breast and over my torso.  His hands moved down my sides causing me to quiver. He reached the inside of  my thighs and gently prised them apart. I looked into his eyes and let myself go. My fingers entwined themselves into his hair and I pulled his head up to meet mine. “Now”. I whispered. Once again his lips met mine as he entered me. My body trembled and moved with his. My legs wrapped around him and my fingers gripped at his back. Electricity pulsed through my veins , explosions of passion erupted inside me as he became one with me.