Chapter 19. Bug Catching

Back at Bird Island, Red was slouching on his couch. Waiting for a miracle to happen and for Leonard just to jump out and hold him close.

But Red knew that was unlikely and it'll still be a while. Red let out a sigh of defeat. Again feeling the softness of the red blanket he kept. Leonard seemed to be the only one who cared about him - Even if he was the cause of his home being destroyed. Red almost dozed out when suddenly a knock came from his door. Red looked up towards his door and before he could even get up, his door burst open and his heart raced fast in surprise. Was it really him?

Out popped a bubbly character and a bigger, softer guy who wore mostly black. It was Chuck and Bomb. Red slightly slumped back down but was still surprised to see them.

"Red! We are going for an adventure and you're coming with us!"
Chuck shouted with such certainty and enthusiasm.

"It was all his idea."
Bomb chimed in, peeping from behind Chuck.

"Yours too!"
Chuck argued, facing back towards Bomb.

"Wait, what adventure?"
Red asked, still holding onto the old blanket.

"It's a surprise, you have to come with us!"
Chuck walked over towards Red, grabbing him by the arm and pulling him up, off his couch.

"Can we go on an adventure maybe another time?"
Red hesitated, slightly fighting with Chucks strength. Chuck stopped pulling and looked back at Red with such seriousness, it scared Red.

"Red, you have been in your house for days, too long to be happy while doing."
Red stayed silent, knowing that Chuck was completely right. He was getting too caught up in Leonard coming back that he had stopped going out. Red thought about it for a moment, looking at both Chuck and Bomb, whom he sadly forgot about. They were always there for him, they were the ones who came for him back on Leonards ship.

"Okay, yeah, you're right. Let's go and have an adventure."
Chucks usual cheery smile came back and was 10x bigger, stars lighting up his eyes.

"Let's gooo!"
Chuck cheered, moving his hand down to Reds hand and walking with him back outside along with Bomb. Luckily Red already was in his walking clothes so he didn't need to awkwardly break hold and go change.

"Follow us, and we'll explain on the way."
Chuck explained, walking towards the end of the village where one of their many forests inhabited. Red, Chuck and Bomb all stopped right in front of the first row of trees, with Chuck and Bomb looking at the forest. Chuck pulled out three small nets, all different colours.

"Our adventure!"
Chuck began, handing Bomb a black net.

"Is Bug catching."
Chuck then handed Red and green coloured net. Red looked down at the net, reminding him of Leonard. Red laughed at himself, everything seems to remind him of Leonard. Chuck and Bomb trotted inside the forest, starting to wave their nets around, hoping to catch bugs. Red smiled at the sight and joined along, swishing his net around.

For the rest of the day all three looked around for bugs and would cheer when each of them catches one. Once Chuck had spotted a bug that to him was the ugliest bug ever and began to scream his head off, trying to kill it with his net.

"Chuck don't kill it!"
Bomb exclaimed, running over to Chuck and trying to defend the bug with his own net.

"It tried to kill me!"
Chuck screamed back, still freaking out.

"No it didn't, you're just a scaredy pants."
Red interrupted, causing Chuck to stop whacking the ground with his net.

"No I'm not!"
Chuck defended, putting his hands on his hips. Red knelt down and saw the poor bug that Chuck was trying to hit. It was a small long bug with white spots all over it. Red extended his hand onto the ground.

"Careful Red, you don't know where that things been to."
Chuck, worried, lingered over Red, watching the bug intensely.

"I've seen these bugs before, they're harmless."
The bug stretched closer to Reds hand, crawling onto it as Red raised his hand up, seeing the bug much closely.

"Wow, are you like a bug whisperer haha."
Chuck joked seeing the bug crawl around Reds hand.

"I just, like bugs."
Red was mesmerised with the bug, it's spots were so interesting. Red always admired animals with certain patterns on them, to him, it gave them their own sort of character.

"It does look pretty."
Bomb added, also leaning in to see the bug."

"Mmm I guess so."
Chuck admitted. All three looked at the bug for a moment before Red finally placed his hand beside a leaf, allowing the bug to crawl onto the leaf and went on their merry way.

"Wooah, well what now?"
Chuck asked, looking around for more fun things to do.

"Well it's getting dark so it's probably best we go back to the village."
Bomb saw the gaps of light from the sun slowly fading out of view and the surrounding areas slowly getting dark.

"I hear a sleepover!"
Chuck roared as he raced back the way they came. Red and Bomb both followed him back into the light of civilisation.

"Okay would you rather eat a worm or..."
Chuck thought to himself as he sat on his bed back at home. Bomb and Red were sitting on beanbags, in Chucks old pjs.

"Your least favourite food!"

"What if our least favourite food IS worms?"
Red asked, with Bomb nodding along.

"Mmm well then I guess you'd rather eat worms- ok Bomb your turn."

"Okay, um, would you rather... swim in a pool full of sharks or a pool full of jellyfish?"

"Easy! Sharks! Give us a hard one."
Chuck quickly answered, swinging around in his hammock.

"Well how deep is the pool?"

"Uum how deep pools normally are."

"And have the sharks just eaten? And how many are there?"-

"Red you're suppose to just pick which you'd rather- not go so much into detail about it."
Chuck moaned, hanging his arms over his hammock.

"Hey sorry, I just like to know what I'm dealing with."
Red joked, shrugging his shoulders. Chuck groaned in boredom.

"Then how about we play a different game?"

"Like what?"
Bomb asked. Chuck took a deep think, what could all three of them play that would be fun?

"Oh! I know! Truth or Dare!"
Chuck finalised. A mischievous grin appearing over his face.