6. He finally slipped?

Tw: Echola grabs a knife

Echola's pov:

Jake took me from Felix's arms and whispered in my ear, "you feeling little?" I was really embarrassed but I shook my head not feeling little anymore. "I think he's in and out of headspace at the moment." Felix said and I guess he was right. I'd been holding my pee all day so my bladder decided to let a bit more go. I felt really embarrassed and upset so I cried silently in the hope they wouldn't notice but Riley did. But the most embarrassing bit is he told everyone, "I think our little Echola here has had another accident." Riley took me out of Jake's arms and upstairs. I knew what was coming and if I'm honest I didn't mind about anything anymore. I felt like my whole world had been filled with rainbows and fluffy white clouds.

Riley's pov:

Echola was in my arms and to my surprise he didn't even struggle one bit. In fact he started giggling. I got my phone out and pressed record putting back in my pocket, I don't want the others to miss out on this adorable little baby giggling. But when I reached the bathroom door, after grabbing a nappy, he stopped giggling and began crying. I stopped recording. He started to struggle and I could tell he was out of headspace. I thought of my opinions and decided it would be better just to go in and change him. I changed him and was about to pick him up but he got up and ran! I quickly got up and ran after him. When I reach the kitchen I saw the others backing away and he had a knife in his hands, pointing towards us. "Listen Echola... they didn't mean to force you to the point where you couldn't take it..." Jake said clearly out of headspace. Echola backed up and Jake stepped towards him. "L-leave me alone!" Echola stuttered. "Can we have a minute?" Jake said turning to us. We nodded and walked away but so we could still hear them incase something went wrong.

Jake's pov:

"Listen... listen to me..." Echola looked up at me and I could tell he was listening. "They aren't here right now... they can't do anything to you... I won't allow them" I was talking about the boys but what he said next would shock all of us. "You mean my parents can't get to me here? W-what about my brother?!" I could tell he was starting to panic. Misty came running down the stairs barking like crazy. "I'll make a deal with you... if you put the knife down, we'll arrange something so your brother doesn't have to be around your parents anymore, okay?" He nodded and handed the knife to Misty who somehow opened the draw and put the knife back where it belongs. But I guess he might do things like this if he panics to much.

She put her head up to his hand but it wasn't there. She began barking and when I looked up at Echola he was scratching his arm. I'm the only one who one that he did that when he was nervous, but I'd never seen him do it. I tried hugging him to get him to stop but in the end I was pining him to the ground. "Echola please stop... you're gonna hurt yourself." I said but I think that made the others worry as they ran in. That made his anxiety hit a clearly bad point and I needed to stop it before he passed out. "Hey, hey... breathe with me... in....... out...... in..... out..... in..... out......" at this point he calmed down and I held onto him to hide his red arm from where he'd been scratching. "What did he do?!" Luke asked worried. "Could you please leave? I'll tell you when you can come back." They nodded and left again.

"They're gone for now." I hugged him really tightly. "Just sit here with me and calm down, okay?" He nodded and that was a good thing cause he could still hear me. He slowly calmed down and eventually started to shift uncomfortably. I checked his nappy so I didn't make him nervous by asking him but there was nothing. "Hey... Hey, hey... what wrong?" He started whimpering and quietly almost silently said "Arm." At first I was confused but then I realised. "Oh... I'm to short to reach the stuff for that... can we tell the others so they know?" He nodded and said "Only if you're the one actually telling them... to scary for me." Which I completely understood so I nodded.

I walked out to them with Echola nervously moving around in my arms. "Are you both okay?" Riley asked and I nodded then shook my head. They gave me a confused look. "Echola scratches his arm when he's really anxious... and he did it today. He allowed me to tell you this cause I can't reach any of the stuff he needs to make it better." They nodded and Luke held his hands out for him. I gave Echola over to Luke at that when (I fell off the pavement! Sorry for that...) Riley pulled me towards him. "Well done for calming him down..." he started. "And it's good that we know he does that now. If that stressed you out a lot and you need to be little allow yourself to be, okay?" I nodded but I was more worried that Echola might have another panic attack when the stuff has to go on his arm.

Dillan came back, which confused me as I'd never seen him leave, with the first aid kit. Echola whined but showed no sign of destress. "Baby..." Dillan began clearly thinking he was going to have to deal with a tantrum like we all were, but to all our surprise he didn't say anything instead just whimpered more. So Dillan continued, "it'll make your arm feel better... it will only sting for a bit but you can take some medicine to make it all better, okay?" Echola nodded and we all shared the look of 'he's slipped hasn't he?'.

Next part will be coming out when I have ideas! Please comment down below what else you would like to see in this story and whether I should do a Q and A rp with the characters. You decided!