One Year With Mr. Attractive:: 2.

2.

The unbearable screeching of the wheels against the track became just a buzzing in my ears.

We're going to die.

Everyone's going to die!

I couldn't breathe.

All I wanted was just a vacation from work. Work is stressful enough, but this?!

I couldn't believe it.

I couldn't understand what the people in uniform were saying. My eyes stayed glued to the other train coming towards us.

So, this is it? I'm going to die from a train crash.

I wasn't aware that my shoulder was being shaken until I heard, "Diana!" in my ear.

I'm going to die.

Oh my goodness, I'm going to die!

"Diana, snap out of it!"

Even my new, kind of friend, Caliber is going to die!

"For fuck's sake, DIANA!"

My eyes snapped to Caliber, who has a furious expression on his face.

"Finally! Now, come on!" He urged, grabbing hold of my arm and tugging me up.

I stood up uneasily. What is he doing?

"What are you doing?" I voiced my thoughts.

He rolled his eyes, a serious look in his navy blue eyes. "What does it look like I'm doing? I'm going to save our asses!" He told me and proceeded to pull me out onto the rows.

"Wait!" I said. If he was going to do what I thought he was going to do, then I might as well make sure we don't starve.

I slipped out of his grasp and grabbed my bag, knowing everything we needed would be in my wallet, but I didn't have time to fish it out of the bag.

"What are we going to do?" I asked, jumping by his side.

I looked around where we were as we ran. What is he doing? Shoudn't we be helping the others escape as well?

"We're jumping out of this train," he informed me, still running through every row, not even glancing at anyone else.

"We have to tell everyone else, though!" I said urgently.

Why isn't he thinking of the others?!

"We have to save ourselves, Diana! We don't have time to help anyone!" He said.

My eyes widened in shock.

"We can't just run and save ourselves! We have to help the others!" I protested, trying to slow both of us down by resisting his pull.

He tugged harder. "There's no time to be selfless, right now! I'm sure the others are smart enough to think of an escape, now run faster!" He demanded.

I followed along, only thinking of the others.

They're all going to die...

I felt horrible.

Selfishness and adrenaline was pumping through me as we weaved through the screaming passengers, the crying children.

The babies never even got the chance to live...

I could feel tears blurring my sight, but I wiped them away with my free hand and matched my pace with Caliber's.

I could hear everyone pleading.