Chapter 14

3rd Person POV

"I apologize mother. I have seen the error of my ways and wish to repent for my actions." Says Viola with a dull face and lifeless eyes.

A few days have passed since the Duke and Duchess had a "minor" argument over their daughter's actions. In the end, Lady Victoria won said argument... As always, and although Viola received some leniency due to her father's protests... Her punishment was still severe.

As Victoria looks at her daughter with an indifferent look hiding mild anger still bubbling inside her due her daughter's recklessness and her husband's naivety, she begins to grow suspicious. "How incredibly odd, you seemed to be oh, so, passionate to rebel against your dear mother not so long ago. Such drastic change does make me wonder... What caused it?" Asks Lady Victoria in a suspicious tone with an arrogant gaze upon her daughter.

"I have pondered over the consequences of my actions, and I realized that I have made a grave mistake mother. I will accept my punishment and never question you again." Says Viola with a much softer and quieter voice than usual, yet soft as it may be Lady Victoria has always been unsettled at her daughter's lifeless and slightly ominous voice.

"If you truly regret your actions young lady then it would do you well to do away with that disturbing attitude of yours." Says Lady Victoria sternly as she slightly furrows her eyebrows.

"I apologize for my negligence." Says Viola as she straightens her posture and changes her stance as well as putting up a vibrant small smile, her aura radiating refinement.

"*sigh* You are nowhere near the same level of the daughter of an Earl, much less a Duke." Says Lady Victoria as she fixes Viola's already good posture and stance. "And never forget to smile, you look dreadful without it." Says Lady Victoria as she leaves her office. At this Viola's smile widens a bit as she watches her mother leave.

"Your manners are shameful... so we will have to review everything once more... I suppose it is partially my fault for giving you too much freedom... We begin tonight." Says Lady Victoria as she leaves her office. As she closes the door Viola's smile falters. 'have I gone soft...' she thinks as she remembers all the playdates with the other children of the dukes.

Meanwhile with Lady Victoria. "*sigh* How careless can that girl be?" Lady Victoria asks herself as she walks down the halls preparing for Viola's lessons later at night. "We are already behind as is. For her to neglect her teachings is just... *sigh* very well. If that brat insists on being reckless, I'll just have to tighten her leash." Says Lady Victoria as she continues walking while her frustration increases. However, she remembers her daughter's cold gaze, her silent footsteps, her weak yet ominous voice, and her unnoticeable presence. Her frustration dissipates and is replaced with unease and slight melancholy. 'She is exactly like you...' She thinks as she remembers her husband, she then furrows her brows in distaste and hurries down the hallway trying to clear her thoughts.

"Bleeehhh." Says James as he sticks his tongue out at his younger sister Christine Azuree, his sister in turn giggles at his funny faces.

"I am glad everything has gone back to normal." Says Lady Isabelle as she watches her son and daughter play together in the grass outside the manor. "I told you everything would fall into place love." Says Lord Vincent Azuree as he side hugs his wife. "It has been a while since James has seen the other noble children." Says Lady Isabelle, musing to herself with with puppy dog eyes as she glances at her husband. Lord Azuree in turn chuckles as her behavior. "You do not need to do such a thing love, I will gladly invite the other dukes and their children, in fact you do not even have to ask for such a thing. You are the Duchess of the Azuree manor. My precious wife need not ask for permission." Says Vincent as Isabelle hugs him tightly. "Thaaaankyooouuuu." She says as Vincent laughs at her childish behavior.