Central Red

Friday, January the 16th, 1978 (Claudias dorm)

Claudias POV

"Jesus Rudy!" I yell at Rudy as she slams the door shut. It's almost as if she needs to burst into my room at least once everyday. The only time she would need to do that is if Michael Jackson just put out a new album.

"What the crap are you doing still in your pajamas? You do realize it's 6:33 PM, right? This is stupid...get up," she says as she drags the blankets off of me.

"Rudy I'm tired," I complain, dragging the words out annoyingly. You're probably wondering what in the world is going on...and honestly same. Ruby had the bright idea to go to this stupid amusement park called "Central Red". Amusement parks are not necessarily my scene, but Ruby is obsessed with them. You could say that she is an adrenaline junkie, and she'd probably agree with you. For me, I'd much rather be at home relaxing in my PJs.

"Claudia Hurst? You there? Am I talking to a wall?" She drawls out as she stands in my room, rolling her eyes with her arms crossed in front of her.

"Lord, give me a minute to get dressed."

"Ok, but promise you won't take 20 hours?" Ruby says with a laugh as she flops down on my bed to wait.

Goodness I have no idea what to wear. Honestly though I shouldn't be having this much trouble trying to find something to wear to a dumb amusement park. Is it hot out? No stupid it's the middle of January! At least that narrows it down to warm clothes. Jeans? Of course! It's my go-to. 'Perfect,' I think to myself as I pulled out a red shirt and black jeans. This was going to be a fun, relaxing evening out with my best friend, hopefully.

As I put my belt on I quickly realized I needed to put on a touch of makeup before going out

"Rub? Can you get my makeup out of my bathroom while I finish getting my clothes on?"

"Yeah sure. Can you do it in the car though? We really should get going..."

I nodded and quickly thanked her before turning my attention back to getting ready.

Once I finally finished putting on my outfit and shoes, I walk out of my closet to go see where Ruby was. Ruby tends to wonder off and get distracted easily so I wouldn't be surprised if she forgot to grab my makeup.

"Rub? Ruby? Where the hell are you?" I call out. Just as I finished saying those words, Ruby walks out of the bathroom with my makeup in hand.

"Gosh, I'm here. I didn't wonder off to Africa or something...although maybe I'd like to." Ruby says thoughtfully.

"Yeah, you keep on dreaming. Ready?"