𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝟓 - 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒔𝒉

Aruna wanted to climb in a hole and die, only Feydor knew of her crush on the Darkling

Aruna wanted to climb in a hole and die, only Feydor knew of her crush on the Darkling. Now everyone is going to know when she arrives at the meeting, all blushing mad and flustered.

The Darkling was mad.

Aruna came into the meeting blushing, he was the only one to make her blush.

The whole meeting he barely talked, it was just an excuse to see Aruna and now the girl won't even look at him. He spent the whole meeting sulking, if he was 'smoking shadows hot' why didn't she look at him during the meeting, she seemed to be actively refusing to meet his eye. 

He was tempted to ask Ivan to monitor her heart rate, she had been too quiet. He was more concerned with her health than if she reciprocated his feelings.

When he sat in the dining hall that night, he listened to see if any of the men or women were bragging about any advancements they had made on Aruna, the person who made him blush would have to be sent away on some mission immediately.

Little did the Darkling himself know that every Grisha was aware of the Darkling's affections for Aruna, well apart from the in question. And no one was going to try to compete with the Darkling himself.

Feydor was smiling like a happy idiot. Everyone knew of the Darkling's affections for Aruna, the first time Feydor hinted to Aruna that the Darkling liked her the girl burst out in laughter.

After he caught her staring at the Darkling a little to make in meetings she finally told him that she might have a 'small' crush on the man.

But only a 'small' crush because there was 'no way the Darkling himself would like me, the idea is laughable'.

Feydor had to restrain himself from screaming that the man was literally in love with her. He couldn't do that to sweat Aruna, it seemed the Darkling was content from loving from a distance, but Feydor really wanted to speed up the process.

It was just plain painful to look at the two interacting now, the Darkling would have hearts in his eyes and now Aruna seemed to be doing the exact same thing, maybe only Feydor noticed because he knew that Aruna reciprocated the man's affections.

That and most had learned to turn a blind eye at the Darklings' affection for Aruna, no one could blame him, she was practically a saint. But when he first did, boy did people look. Then man could win a war but his 'subtle' flirting skills were horrible.

The Darkling's affections were so obvious that even people in the Grand Palace began to hear the rumours.

Prince Vassily had taken the idea that marrying the moon summoner would somehow make him a better King in the future, he practically ran back to the Grand Palace once he heard that the Darkling was also after the moon summoner's affections.

But Feydor was sick off watching the two pathetically attempt to flirt without the other noticing.

Honestly, he was more level-headed with Ivan, he just grabbed Ivan and snogged the living daylights out of him, that was two years ago and they have enjoyed every day since.

He just needed the two together already, he really wanted to be the fun uncle.